Vet Larper, newly arrived to Jersey

• Fyodor
  • Thank Yous: 17
01 Sep 2013 12:49 #1 by Fyodor (jjonz111)
Vet Larper, newly arrived to Jersey was created by Fyodor (jjonz111)
Hi all,

I'm John (sometimes called Jack). I recently--ie less than a week--moved to Newark from western Ohio. I've played in several games out in Ohio/Indiana and KR was highly recommended to me. Thus, I want to join the game!

I moved to Newark to start a PhD at Rutgers, so I'm not exactly sure how much free time I'm likely to have but I feel the need to swing some foam.

That being said, I want to attend the Sept game to get my feet under me about how KR 'works'. I've already read most of the various rule books so I've got a good understanding of the mechanics.

It sounds like I need to be on-site by 8 pm for new player training? Is that correct? Any other events I need to attend? Is it a problem if I don't NPC crew the entire weekend, ie leave early? (I'll build a PC later once I get a better understanding of the game world.)

(On that note, if anyone has any suggestions about concepts/builds they'd like to see in game please PM me. I brought a basic kit with me: clothes, boots, chianmail & leather armor, shield, two swords and two spears)

One question I do have relates to armor proficiency, can anyone wear any armor they can phyrep?

Thanks and I look forward to meeting all of you!

-John J

---
Fyodor Tschenko
Regent of Pendarvin

OOG: John J
01 Sep 2013 12:57 #2 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic Re:Re: Vet Larper, newly arrived to Jersey
Welcome! If it is possible, please do be here for new player training. As a vet larper, you will find some of it obvious, but it might help define some specifics about our game. As far as if you are NPCing for the weekend and you need to leave sometime on Saturday, that will be fine. You are giving a service to the game your whole time here. Just let James know when you check in. As far as armour goes, if you have the phys rep when you come into game, you will get an armour card. Otherwise you need a smith IG to 'make it'.

-OOG Michael Smith
01 Sep 2013 12:58 #3 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Vet Larper, newly arrived to Jersey
Hi, I'm Jeremy, and I am not a New Player Marshal, but I'm here to help if you need it. I recommend showing up a little bit earlier so you can get situated, if you are PCing, I would try to show up very early to get a good place to sleep. They would be fine with you leaving early from NPCing the whole weekend. Can't wait to meet you!

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
  • Augustus
  • Thank Yous: 56
01 Sep 2013 13:11 #4 by Augustus (OEBlaze)
Replied by Augustus (OEBlaze) on topic Vet Larper, newly arrived to Jersey
Hello John!

My name's Justin, and I'm a New Player Marshall here at KR. I would also recommend getting up there as early as possible to claim a bed.

New Player Training typically starts around 9 these days, but you'll need to be up earlier to check in so we can make a card up for you. (Even if you're NPCing, you'll get a card so we can track your Service Points, and RP points for when you PC.)

You can wear any armor you have a phys-rep for. As Mike said, if you have the phys-reps when you come into came, you will get cards for them.

If you have any other questions feel free to post them here, and we'll get back to you ASAP.

Welcome, and I look forward to running from/getting killed by your many NPCs.

John Smith
[hr][hr]Augustus Waters
Private in the Baronial Guard

[hr]OOG: Justin E. Torres
New Player Marshal
[hr]
  • Fyodor
01 Sep 2013 15:08 #5 by Fyodor (jjonz111)
Replied by Fyodor (jjonz111) on topic Vet Larper, newly arrived to Jersey
Cool thanks all. :-)

I'll try to show up while there is still a good amount of light left to get a lay of the land. Is there a time that would be 'to early' to arrive? I'm assuming there are directions around here somewhere.

To clarify: any profession can wear any armor, as long as you're phyreping it and have the necessary IG cards and smith-actions to to give it AP. (I think I'm stating that correctly!)

-John J

---
Fyodor Tschenko
Regent of Pendarvin

01 Sep 2013 17:05 #6 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Vet Larper, newly arrived to Jersey
Not bad. I think too early is like 2, but I'm not exactly sure. I live a distance away from the camp, so I show up around 6ish to 7, but I plan to show up at 5 for this event.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
01 Sep 2013 17:12 #7 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Vet Larper, newly arrived to Jersey
Just double check to be sure if you CAN show up before 5 pm. During the summer, the camp is used my a local Girl Scout/Day Camp troop. So there will be periods of time when the camp will not be accessible by any games or people before 5 pm.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
01 Sep 2013 17:28 #8 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Vet Larper, newly arrived to Jersey
The summer camp is over, we can arrive before 5 this month.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
01 Sep 2013 20:42 - 01 Sep 2013 20:43 #9 by Jade Peverell (Angel M.)
Replied by Jade Peverell (Angel M.) on topic Vet Larper, newly arrived to Jersey
Welcome to Knight Realms!

I think the New Player Marshals covered all of your questions but just in case:

~ New player training starts at 9pm Friday evening.
~ Since you plan on NPCing the full event, it really does not matter if you leave early or not as long as you get your card signed off for Cabin cleanup, Camp cleanup and your NPC duties.
~ As Mike had mentioned before, as long as you have physrep, you can use your armor. If you plan on using it at the start of game you can come in with armor cards or you can have a smith "make it" for you in game.

If you have an other questions, fell free to PM me or find me at game. If I can't answer them, I'm sure I can point you in the direction of someone who can.

Can't wait for the opportunity to role play with you! See you soon! :-)

Jade Peverell

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home."
OOG: Angel Mowery

Role Play Marshal
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 01 Sep 2013 20:43 by Jade Peverell (Angel M.).
  • Fyodor
01 Sep 2013 21:14 #10 by Fyodor (jjonz111)
Thanks everyone!

I'll be the really tall NPC with a full beard!

-John J

---
Fyodor Tschenko
Regent of Pendarvin

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jade Peverell (Angel M.)
  • BalindorIN
  • Thank Yous: 13
01 Sep 2013 23:23 #11 by BalindorIN (BalindorIN)
Replied by BalindorIN (BalindorIN) on topic Vet Larper, newly arrived to Jersey
Hey John! I'm not a regular player, but do go out that way myself every once in awhile from Indiana. Which games did you play out here? We might know each other, or have a few fiends in common. The guys from Dwarven Paths and I will be out to game in October, so stop by and say hi!

Pelinderian,

OOG: Jeff Mininger
  • Fyodor
02 Sep 2013 10:40 #12 by Fyodor (jjonz111)
Hey Jeff,

My two main games were Triumph in Dayton, Trials of Terra Nova in Indy. Additionally, I've played in Wastelands (based in Ohio) a Fallout-like airsoft larp and Winter Haven in Michigan, a standard fantasy boffer larp.

Any of those ring a bell?

---
Fyodor Tschenko
Regent of Pendarvin

• BalindorIN
  • Thank Yous: 13
02 Sep 2013 23:17 #13 by BalindorIN (BalindorIN)
Replied by BalindorIN (BalindorIN) on topic Vet Larper, newly arrived to Jersey
I have played at Trials of Terra Nova; I came down with Rav'n a few times a couple years ago; I was the one who bought the owlbear skin off you my first event. So make sure you come see us over at the Dwarven Path's forge if you are there in October.

You are going to love this game; great people, and great story telling.

Pelinderian,

OOG: Jeff Mininger
03 Sep 2013 08:05 #14 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic Vet Larper, newly arrived to Jersey
I think that everyone has already said what needs to be said. But Hi I'm Sean another new player marshall and would love to answer any other questions that you have. Please PM me if you need anything other then that we will see you on Friday.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fyodor (jjonz111)
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
03 Sep 2013 08:17 #15 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic Vet Larper, newly arrived to Jersey
When the girl's camp isn't going on, a good number of people come down the Thursday night before the event o help do work on the camp and hang out, staying over night, and do more in the morning before more people start arriving. You get 3 build and 3000 service points for a day of work so this averages out in giving people 6 more build and 6000 service points than they would get for a normal event. As long as you give James, the owner, a heads up you're coming, he's usually really cool about people coming by to do work on the camp.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fyodor (jjonz111)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.566 seconds