New Player Site Question

• Skald
  • Thank Yous: 0
04 Sep 2013 11:27 #1 by Skald (Skald)
New Player Site Question was created by Skald (Skald)
Firstly, hi!

My sister and I have been watching this game for about two years from Virginia, and are finally going to be making the trek up this weekend. Since we're making a bit of a haul, I just wanted to verify what time the site opens so that we can plan our trip accordingly.

Thanks, and I can't wait!

OOG: Renee S.
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
04 Sep 2013 11:57 #2 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic New Player Site Question
Hi, and welcome to Knight Realms!

Since the weekly summer camp is no longer in session, you can show up at any time on Friday. Those who show up early usually help with camp tasks and set-up.

Good luck with that drive, and we can't wait to have you and your sister join us in person!

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
04 Sep 2013 13:24 #3 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Re:New Player Site Question
Hi. My name is Conor and I'm a new player marshal. I'm one of the people who will help you get acquainted to the game and here to answer any questions you have.
Karen is right anytime is fine on Friday. We try to start registration sometime around 6 or 7. But you can show up anytime before or after that.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
04 Sep 2013 18:45 #4 by Jade Peverell (Angel M.)
Replied by Jade Peverell (Angel M.) on topic New Player Site Question
Hello there!

So glad to hear you'll be joining us this weekend. As Karen and Connor had mentioned, since day camps are no longer in session you can arrive as early as you'd like. Most people who show up early help to set things up before the game begins. Sign in usually starts around 7:00pm and new player training starts at 9:00pm. Lay on (or the start of the game) usually happens around 10:00pm.

If you have any other questions feel free to post here and myself and the New Player Marshals will be happy to assist you. You can also send me a PM if you'd like!

See you soon! :-)

Jade Peverell

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home."
OOG: Angel Mowery

Role Play Marshal
New Player Marshal
04 Sep 2013 18:54 #5 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic New Player Site Question
What part of Virginia are you travelling from? There is a small contingent of us here in Northern Virginia. Welcome to Knight Realms

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
  • Skald
  • Thank Yous: 0
05 Sep 2013 00:43 #6 by Skald (Skald)
Replied by Skald (Skald) on topic New Player Site Question
We're driving up from Chesapeake, VA. I'm glad to see there's others making the trip! Means it's GOT to be worth it!

OOG: Renee S.
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
05 Sep 2013 00:57 #7 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic New Player Site Question
Very much so. We've got some people who come from Indiana, Canada, California, and even the occasional visit from Australia. Not always regularly because of distance, but that still should speak volumes of the fun to be had.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
  • Augustus
  • Thank Yous: 56
10 Sep 2013 11:33 #8 by Augustus (OEBlaze)
Replied by Augustus (OEBlaze) on topic New Player Site Question
Hello!

My name's Justin, and I'm another New Player Marshal. I'm very glad you decided to try and make the trip, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Normally I'd recommend trying to get to camp as early as possible, so we can help make characters and you can see the camp in the daylight, because even though the first thing we do is a walk-around, it's much easier to get a lay of the land while the sun is up. If you do want to expedite your check-in process, there are some things you can do. First, if you are PCing, you can have your characters made up ahead of time. You can either do this by downloading the new character builder and filling it out yourself, or send me a PM, and I can help walk you through it. If you bring in a completed worksheet, it makes things go much faster. Other than that, I'm glad you guys are coming up, and I hope to see you soon!

Welcome!

John Smith
[hr][hr]Augustus Waters
Private in the Baronial Guard

[hr]OOG: Justin E. Torres
New Player Marshal
[hr]
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.515 seconds