New player introduction!

24 Sep 2013 11:28 - 24 Sep 2013 15:41 #1 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
New player introduction! was created by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
So I probably should have posted this sooner, as I've already done my first event, but it didn't even occur to me till just now.

Hi! I'm Abby and I play Thalia Burdorn a Dwarf healer (you may have run into me in the Inn in September!)

I've done a bit a LARPing before, but this is my first time in this system. And generally the ones I've been in are 3-day bottle events that don't carry over into the next installment, so this is new territory for me and I am really enjoying it! I'm from NYC but am in Jersey City, not sure if anyone else is in that area, but figure its worth an ask!

Anyway I had a lot of fun at the September event and am looking forward to coming back and meeting more of you.

Thanks.
-Abby

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin
Manager, Dragon's Claw Inn;

OOG: Abby Leib
Last edit: 24 Sep 2013 15:41 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
24 Sep 2013 14:26 #2 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic New player introduction!
Hi Abby!

Since you've experienced an event, there's not as many questions as usual, but if you have any, feel free to contact me or any other new player marshal!

This time of year, the camp gets COLD at night, quickly and unpredictably, and there is often inclement weather. I'm sure you've heard it before, but I repeat - bring layers! Socks, scarves, gloves, a cloak, long underwear (silk/underarmor/whathaveyou), maybe even an extra pair of boots in case one pair gets soaked - and things as back-up clothes, for the same reason. Bring blankets! As I'm sure you've guessed, we get packed a bit tighter as the weather changes, and sometimes you still end up in a drafty room/building/bed.

Where in NYC? There are several players from White Plains/Purchase, some people on Long Island, Staten Island, etc. There are also a fair amount of people in North/Central NJ. I know the Purchase crew is always figuring out different carpooling situations, so if you need a ride, certainly talk to Sean M and Christine B about those carpools (they are also new player marshals).

Looking forward to seeing you next time you make it around!

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
24 Sep 2013 17:55 #3 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic New player introduction!
Hi Abby,

Welcome to KR. Healers are always a good thing!

Feel free to ask any questions here, I am fairly new (and knew pretty much nothing about LARPing) and everyone goes out of their way to help.

Hope to meet you IG soon.

Crystal

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
24 Sep 2013 18:51 #4 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic New player introduction!
I'm really glad you are going to be coming back!

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
24 Sep 2013 19:13 #5 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic New player introduction!
We always need healers

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
24 Sep 2013 23:07 #6 by Avalyn Ode (krazyaznxinluv)
Replied by Avalyn Ode (krazyaznxinluv) on topic New player introduction!
Can't wait to see you at KR Abby :) I'm Jamie, or well, Avalyn Ode, and I think I have seen you at the September event but to be sure give me a reminder next time. I'm pretty easy to find. Remember to stay alive and well!! (IG and OOG)

"Ode? I don't owed you anything! RIGHT? HAHA." - Blade

"Miss Ode, you're one for mind shooting and what not. Would you by chance be interested in a Magic Trick contest?" - Goggins
----
OOG: Jamie J
24 Sep 2013 23:43 #7 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic New player introduction!
Fellow Greek-mythology-named lady! Glad you enjoyed KR so much, I'm looking forward to having Clytie interact with Thalia in the future. If you'd like, She's usually at the corner of the tavern section of the inn closest to Gwynnedd's shop, selling tea, but she's willing to just chat as well. Who knows, she might get a free cup out of her!

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
25 Sep 2013 15:14 - 25 Sep 2013 15:21 #8 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic New player introduction!
Onca: Thank you so much! Yeah, that was something I learned last time. I was very glad that I decided to bring my cloak becuase it got extremely cold and I was able to use it as an extra blanket... Something tells me I'm just going to start shoving this extra blanket I have in the back of my brother's car and leave it there!
As far as where, I used to be in Manhattan, but am now in Journal Square in JC a few blocks from the PATH trains. It's not bad, but I'm looking to move in December when my lease is up. Gotta see how that goes.

Crystal: Aww thank you! God knows I have a lot of them. I'm still trying to get the mechanics down. Everyone's so nice!! They've all offered to explain things!

Caldor/Jason: Me too! However between now and the October event I need to get a sleeping bag of my own. I borrowed Matt's last time and it didn't really keep me warm. So it looks like it's time to go shopping! :P

Kanas: That is one thing that I was told when I chose my class. I'm hoping to get some lessons this upcoming event.

Jamie: I will! I mostly walked around and got aquainted with the area last time. Had to skip main mod for reasons, so this time I'm jumping in feet first!

Clytie: YES! I think I saw you. I think we spoke briefly. I'm going to try getting a shift bartending so yes, we should talk. :)

...I think that was everyone!

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin

Last edit: 25 Sep 2013 15:21 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl).
25 Sep 2013 16:02 #9 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic New player introduction!
I always have a spare sleeping bag if you need to borrow one

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
26 Sep 2013 11:08 #10 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Depending on if we can find one this weekend, I may take you up on that offer. I'm starting to make lists of what I'm calling my 'KR Kit' all the things I could ever need in a weekend and then some. :P

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin

• Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
26 Sep 2013 11:53 #11 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Re:Re: New player introduction!
Abby, you sound like a planner, like me. That's always awesome. I tend to bring a little bit of new comforts (bug spray, sunscreen), some old ones (a wooden or pewter mug) and some snacks (granola bars, goldfish crackers), as well as basic meds (inhaler, ibuprofen, cold pill) for those times when you want to stick it out but need a boost. Might be good kr kit items. Be sure to bring something warm for Sunday (or wear your cloak) during cleanup.

I have spare blankets if you end up needing them, too. Looking forward to meeting you this time!

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
26 Sep 2013 18:40 #12 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
Replied by Terzak (TheArchMage) on topic New player introduction!
I know it's been said before but, socks. Lots and lots of spares. Spare clothes for IG and OOG are also great.

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
29 Sep 2013 22:44 #13 by Jade Peverell (Angel M.)
Replied by Jade Peverell (Angel M.) on topic New player introduction!
Can't for the opportunity to role play with you. See you in October! :-)

Jade Peverell

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home."
OOG: Angel Mowery

Role Play Marshal
New Player Marshal
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
30 Sep 2013 09:46 #14 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic New player introduction!
I'm from the boroughs!
/late to the party

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
30 Sep 2013 15:43 #15 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Sleeping bag and lantern acquired! WOOOO!

Jade: Thank you! I look forward to it too!

Jen: We should talk sometime! I need to move back. LOL Jersey is too far from where I work. >.<

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.543 seconds