Greetings! & Nyad Inquiries

25 Sep 2013 23:05 #1 by Astar Mesmer (jenibelmarie)
Greetings! & Nyad Inquiries was created by Astar Mesmer (jenibelmarie)
Hello everyone! Brand new to the game, to be attending the first event this upcoming October.

I am looking to make a Nyad, and am wondering if there is any Nyad-related lore available for viewing? Other than what is available in the rulebook, of course..

Also any new player tips are appreciated..
preferably of a more obscure nature.

Thank you in advance. :) Can't wait to meet you all!

OOG : Jenibel M.
26 Sep 2013 00:29 #2 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic Greetings! & Nyad Inquiries
Future fellow Nyad! Welcome to the game!

Very little exists in terms of Nyad history and lit, but last game, something pretty big in that area came to light.
Being Faerie kin, Nyads used to be immortal. However, their queen used an instrument called the Mortalis to make the Satyrs mortal. As punishment and to maintain a balance, Nyad-kind was also subjected to mortality by the same magic instrument.
It's not very well known, Clytie just learned about this bit in her race's past last month, but it's something along the lines of what you're looking for.

Besides this, there's next to nothing, and most of the rest is in the lore is in the races section of the rulebook. One last tip, Nyads are interrogated every Friday night due to their natures and for the safety of Travance, so keep that bit in mind.

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Astar Mesmer (jenibelmarie)
26 Sep 2013 12:05 #3 by Astar Mesmer (jenibelmarie)
Replied by Astar Mesmer (jenibelmarie) on topic Greetings! & Nyad Inquiries
Thank you for the reply!

I suppose I'll see you at the interrogation. :)

OOG : Jenibel M.
  • Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
26 Sep 2013 18:35 #4 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
Replied by Terzak (TheArchMage) on topic Greetings! & Nyad Inquiries
Hi, I'm Will!

I am sort of new, been there for two events now and I have some advice I've learned. (Most of it is very very obvious.)

Bring spare socks. Not kidding, bring a lot of socks.
Know who is going to stab you at main mod. Most people don't bring flashlights.
Be a nice person IG, because as it turns out, most other people are too.
Remember amazing quotes! It doesn't really help in game, but it's amazing on the website!
That's about it, other that having some kind of noncombat skills that are useful in battle (like Strength, for Body Movement.)
Bye!

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
The following user(s) said Thank You: Astar Mesmer (jenibelmarie)
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
26 Sep 2013 19:03 #5 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Re:Re: Greetings! & Nyad Inquiries
Hey! Welcome to KR!

My name is Onca, I'm a new player marshal. I can't answer much about culture, but Clytie is a great resource for where nyads currently are in the game, and if you have ideas for culture/history that you want approved, or questions, you can email atmosphere at knightrealms .com.

So the socks were mentioned but things that were not: bring layers. Especially warm underthings for winter (I believe I heard Patagonia is having a sale). Bring gloves hat scarf cloak whatever you miiiight want, even if you don't think you need it yet. Bring something cozy to sleep in. Bring snacks/food but respect the kitchen marshals and cooks, and the animals (I.e.don't leave it out, clean up after yourself)

Otherwise, you are welcome to PM me with any questions, and looking forward to meeting you!
-Onca

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Astar Mesmer (jenibelmarie)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds