Just another New Player

09 Dec 2013 21:19 - 09 Dec 2013 21:20 #1 by Christopher Hicks (ChristopherRobin)
Just another New Player was created by Christopher Hicks (ChristopherRobin)
Hello everyone in the KR community. My name is Chris and I wish to try out your larp. I've been larping for about three years now and I wish to try something new and this larp looks very interesting. I'm not entirely sure what character I wish to play yet and I'm still reading up on the rulebook. I'm looking to attend either the January or February event.

-Chris H.
Last edit: 09 Dec 2013 21:20 by Christopher Hicks (ChristopherRobin).
  • Kadin D
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 53
09 Dec 2013 21:25 #2 by Kadin D (Katie D)
Replied by Kadin D (Katie D) on topic Just another New Player
Welcome, I'm Katie, I'm one of the New Player Marshals. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or one of the other New Player Marshals that are sure to chime in. Looking forward to meeting you in game.

Physician

Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

OOG - Katie DeFranza

New Player Marshal, Safety Marshal
09 Dec 2013 21:31 #3 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic Just another New Player
Welcome to the KR community! I'm May, I play Clytie in game, and while I'm no new player marshall... or anything marshall... Nonetheless I've helped plenty of people get their starts with plotting and character creation. If you find yourself at a writers block or need help understanding anything, feel free to pm and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
09 Dec 2013 21:41 #4 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Just another New Player
Hi! I'm Jason. I play Caldor. Like May, I'm not a NPM or anything fancy, but I look forward to playing with you!

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
09 Dec 2013 23:07 #5 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Just another New Player
Hi and welcome. First off... I know the rulebook looks big, intimidating, and it is. Don't let that stop you. It's made that way to try to cover as much as possible. The game has all kinds of stuff for people to try, so we try to make everything understandable and cover all the bases.

I highly recommend you read the New Players! section first, then as questions pop into your head, open the KR site in a new tab, use the SEARCH function and you'll probably find someone else asked the same question a few months or years ago and the answer is in a post on the forum.

I hope you join is soon, have fun, and 1 more thing... SOCKS. I just wanted to be the 1st person to say it to you... SOCKS. :P

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
10 Dec 2013 14:08 #6 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Just another New Player
Since only one of us has piped up on here, hi Chris! I'm Onca, another new player marshal.

As you've been LARPing before, you might already know the style of character you prefer to play, or something different that you're dying to try out. I didn't know ANYTHING (except D&D) when I started KR. So you've got a head start! If you have questions about races or classes, or even lores/rules, etc., I'm around to answer anything you need (as well as other NPMs)!

Feel free to PM me and if you're wanting to chat more extensively, maybe we can get a KR new player group chat started on facebook to answer everyone's questions at once before the next event.

Looking forward to meeting you!
-Onca (Rachel)

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
10 Dec 2013 16:26 #7 by Christopher Hicks (ChristopherRobin)
Replied by Christopher Hicks (ChristopherRobin) on topic Just another New Player
So I've been looking at the rulebook and I'm thinking about trying out the Psionicist. Anyone ever play this class and have any inputs on it. The class seems fascinating.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.471 seconds