New player hoping to meet everyone in March!

10 Feb 2014 23:39 #1 by Rhiannon DeVaux (Minnie)
New player hoping to meet everyone in March! was created by Rhiannon DeVaux (Minnie)
Hi there! I'm Minnie, and I hope to be joining all you lovely people at the March game. I know a bunch of players from other nerdy endeavors, and I'm excited to come out and play in March (now that they have convinced me that I will not actually die...). I was told to mention that I have a blood clotting issue (my platelets don't actually work that well, and I bruise up like over ripe fruit if someone looks at me the wrong way), so I'll be green-head-banding, and working on playing a healer. So, don't hit me, but I do accept hugs! Gentle hugs! But if anyone has suggestions on either of those areas of interest (green headbands and healers!), please message me.

So, hello! My avatar should be up soon (so you all know what I look like, ish), but I'll have long purple hair and pretty dresses at the game in March. Please come introduce yourself! I like friends!

xoxox

Minnie

PS. Also joining me will be Kris Gentile, who will probably enjoy getting hit/apologizing for hitting people. He's Canadian. :P

Hugs and puppy kisses!

Minnie B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Croínamara (Jen), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Aella
  • Thank Yous: 99
10 Feb 2014 23:45 #2 by Aella (Onirazael)
Replied by Aella (Onirazael) on topic New player hoping to meet everyone in March!
YAY and welcome. We look forward to playing with you and will make sure you are well protected. Can't wait to see you in game. There are tons of great people here.

Aella
OOG: Ree D
~I'd put a pretentious quote in, but I am far too lazy to pretend I'm clever. ~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rhiannon DeVaux (Minnie)
11 Feb 2014 00:09 #3 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic New player hoping to meet everyone in March!
Yay! Can't wait for you to come up Minnie!

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
11 Feb 2014 00:38 #4 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic New player hoping to meet everyone in March!
Hey Minnie, Name is Conor and I'm a new player marshal, one of the people who are going to help you make your card. For the health issue be sure to let whoever is assisting you know so they can write it on your card. During New Player Training we go over the types of headbands (green being one of them) My suggestion is to get a bright green one, relitivly large, so that it is clearly seen, also while wearing it make sure it is visible from the back as well as the front. Everything else as far as headbands, safety etc. Will be gone over at New Player Training.

Welcome to Knight Realms and can't wait to see you in March. :)

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
11 Feb 2014 00:45 #5 by Rhiannon DeVaux (Minnie)
Replied by Rhiannon DeVaux (Minnie) on topic New player hoping to meet everyone in March!
I purchased two bright green crocheted stretchy headband types (about an inch wide each), and intended to wear them across my forehead. Does that sound ok? I will figure a way to have it shown in the back of my hair, as well. I costume for my job, and was intending on making some fancy accessories, but I could probably pin it in somewhere! Thanks for the heads up!

Hugs and puppy kisses!

Minnie B.
  • Angeliana
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Followers of Andorra believe foremost in the power of redemption, and that far better than a slain or imprisoned foe is a foe that turns from the path of evil and becomes good."
  • Thank Yous: 364
11 Feb 2014 00:50 - 11 Feb 2014 00:54 #6 by Angeliana (Angeliana)
Replied by Angeliana (Angeliana) on topic New player hoping to meet everyone in March!
You said purple and you said healer, I'm way too excited now.

Can't wait to meet you, welcome to KR! I've actually heard some amazing things about you from William so I literally can not wait to meet you and RP with you.

Bring extra socks... all of the socks. Also, KR is an amazing community and we all take care of each other, we will make sure you are healthy at all times. :)

Drink all of the waters when you are at game too, I'll make sure to bring you bottles if I'm there.

Did I mention you said purple and healer? OMG :woohoo:

Dame Angeliana Himmlisch
The Heart of Winterdark
Healer of Count Sebastien Everest
High Priestess & Champion of Andorra

Alt: D ~ Artist ~ Captain of The Crimson Trident ~
Last edit: 11 Feb 2014 00:54 by Angeliana (Angeliana). Reason: all of the typos
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Rhiannon DeVaux (Minnie)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
11 Feb 2014 00:53 #7 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic New player hoping to meet everyone in March!
Oh no now I've overhyped someone awesome :) And jason and ree will yell at me ;). But no I just told her how cool you were from our tabletop gaming etc. I forgot to tell her you have the cutest pet in the world.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
11 Feb 2014 01:05 #8 by Rhiannon DeVaux (Minnie)
Replied by Rhiannon DeVaux (Minnie) on topic New player hoping to meet everyone in March!
Yes, purple...and yes, healer! And my little guy is super cute if you like punk rock pets. He's a hedgehog. And a royal grumpus!

Hugs and puppy kisses!

Minnie B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
11 Feb 2014 02:42 #9 by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Replied by Thalia Burdorn (abbyl) on topic New player hoping to meet everyone in March!
Hi Minnie!!!

Cannot wait to see you at the game in March! You are going to have SUCH a blast!!! :D

-Abby

Thalia Stonebar Burdorn
Consul of Kaladonia
Warden of the Phocus
Ambassador to Calasvorin
Manager, Dragon's Claw Inn;

OOG: Abby Leib
11 Feb 2014 06:11 #10 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic New player hoping to meet everyone in March!
You had me at hedgehog.

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
  • Gwynedd
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 17
11 Feb 2014 10:13 #11 by Gwynedd (Gwynedd)
Replied by Gwynedd (Gwynedd) on topic New player hoping to meet everyone in March!
Hi Minnie,

Welcome, I play a healer and I wear a green headband! Feel free to ask me any questions about green headbanding it or playing a healer. You and I will be friends! You will be protected. You need to make sure you bring extra socks, waters and extra med stuff that you might need.

Gwynedd
OOG: Suzi Shaffer

What do you need of me?
11 Feb 2014 14:10 #12 by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
Replied by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand) on topic New player hoping to meet everyone in March!
Hello, Minnie! Sounds like you have a lot of people psyched. ;)

As an alchemist, I do a lot of sitting around making things and talking to people, so feel free to come over and chat me up ingame! Ask me about what I'm doing, Meander's real friendly. ^^ Just look for the Londwyn in red, or bundled up in a tan peacoat.

~Meander Correlis, Master Alchemist
Baronial Ambassador to Londwyn
Champion of Homunculi City

(OOG: Sarah Brand)
  • Kadin D
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 53
12 Feb 2014 19:42 #13 by Kadin D (Katie D)
Replied by Kadin D (Katie D) on topic New player hoping to meet everyone in March!
Hey Minnie, we meet at the cookie party. I'm one of the new player marshals. I can give you a hand with healer if you like. Let me know if you need any help, it will be nice to see you again.

Katie

Physician

Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

OOG - Katie DeFranza

New Player Marshal, Safety Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
12 Feb 2014 23:11 #14 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic New player hoping to meet everyone in March!
Hi Minnie!!

I would be one of the folks you would need to talk to about medical issues- one of the others would be Guildmaster Silverbow (Norm B.) who is the Head Safety/Medical Guy (I'm just his understudy)

Welcome to the game! folks here are very cognizant of injuries and such... so if someone does happen to whollop you, they will 1- be Embarrassed as hell for doing it.... and 2- be yelling for me or one of the other medical folks when you bruise up. :)

We can talk about this stuff at Game in March- I'll be the one in the Black Watch tartan. :)

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
13 Feb 2014 02:16 #15 by Rhiannon DeVaux (Minnie)
Thank you! I know it will happen (several of your players already know how derpy I can be) so I don't want anyone to feel too embarrassed! And if this snowmageddon keeps up, there will probably be plenty of snow next month for me to shove said hit body part into. *grumble, grumble, grumble* Is there some sort of medical form I should fill out so you know what types of medications I'm on and for what? I'm also allergic to everything in the universe other than food, and asthmatic (controlled well through medication). I have all sorts of pills and suchwhats, and while I'm sure bringing those meds are totally fine, I know you have a very strict no tollerance for non medicinal drugs, and didn't want to set off any red flags with anyone! I'm more than happy to fill out whatever you guys may want/need for your files! I'm such a delicate flower...*snort*

Thanks!

Minnie

Hugs and puppy kisses!

Minnie B.
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
13 Feb 2014 05:03 #16 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic New player hoping to meet everyone in March!
To my knowledge,

I believe Verbally informing Big Staff of your medical conditions and such is fine. no need to broadcast to the populous... And I highly doubt the delicate flower bit.. Y'all's profession is not for the faint of heart. ;)

For privacy's sake, I would confine such info to PM's. The HIPAA gods will love you for it. ;)

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
17 Feb 2014 15:16 #17 by Edmund Patterson (Edmund)
Replied by Edmund Patterson (Edmund) on topic New player hoping to meet everyone in March!
Hello

Edmund, one of the many Smiths in town.

Socks AND Shoes. Nothing worse then nice dry socks going into the same old wet shoes. Make sure the shoes are already broken in before the event and that they are comfortable when walking on uneven surfaces.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Edmund Patterson
Master of Arms
Master Smith / Artificer
Co-Owner of Anvils and Alchemy
Travance
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
18 Feb 2014 14:56 #18 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic New player hoping to meet everyone in March!
Hi Minnie,

I'm a bit late to the game this time, but welcome! I'm Onca, one of the new player marshals (there are several of us). If you have any trouble contacting the other NPMs and have a question or concern, please feel free to toss a message to me as well. Looking forward to seeing you at game!

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
18 Feb 2014 18:05 #19 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic New player hoping to meet everyone in March!
Hey hi! I'm one of many Jens you will meet at game :D

You are not alone in your green headband, nor in your plethora of medical needs!
I also accept gentle hugs (because bad shoulders!).

Speak to Louis (username, Pappy? i think? )if you need to keep anything medical related in the fridge (he takes care of the kitchen stuff).

Once you're at game, you can add emergency contact information and allergies to the notes at the bottom of your character card. They will be added and typed up on your card permanently the next time you attend game.

Norm (username, silverbow patriarchy) is the health and safety officer, and he's the guy you want to go to if stuff goes wrong at game. It can't hurt to have him aware before hand of any pressing medical needs.

As far as keeping someone on staff informed about any conditions or medications you might need or have on camp, most interpersonal stuff is handled by Marybeth (username, Cassandra), the atmosphere officer. She can point you in the right direction as to who you should speak to or who you can go to for help.

Crochet green headbands are perfect.
The brighter the green, the better. You can also grab those stretchy kinds at CVS or Target.
If you lose your headband, logistics usually has something for a quick fix.

Make sure to verbally remind players of your headband. Sometimes the headband might slip into your hair or might not look green in the light.
If the situation is getting intense, tell them that you are non combat, and just continue the RP.

There are plentyplentyplenty of social roleplay opportunities. You will not be missing out on plot or game time by being noncombat :)

BRING MOAR SOCKS.
BUY GEWD SHOES.
The camp is always muddy all year round (even with all the snow, I found mud, i swear it). Good shoes are worth the investment. And clean socks are the best thing ever.

See you at game :D

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annora (Karen), Meander Correlis (SarahBrand), Rhiannon DeVaux (Minnie)
20 Feb 2014 22:20 #20 by Rhiannon DeVaux (Minnie)
Ermahgawd...everyone seems so friendly! I can't wait to meet everyone!

Hugs and puppy kisses!

Minnie B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aella (Onirazael)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.682 seconds