Newbie questions

• jquest716
  • Thank Yous: 12
20 Mar 2014 20:27 #1 by jquest716 (jquest716)
Newbie questions was created by jquest716 (jquest716)
Hey everyone! I have some basic questions about my first event( April 18). I know in the New Player's area it say to wear all black. So black sweatpants and long sleeve/T shirts are fine? Also if I wanted to help in the kitchen, the tavern or help set things up just to give a helping hand who would I email/talk to? Also should I bring a tent or are there sleeping areas? Thanks in advance everyone

Be Well and Peace,
Jared
20 Mar 2014 20:56 #2 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic Newbie questions
Hi. I'm not a New Player Marshal, but I can give you some tips about starting KR. Wearing black sweatpants with long sleaves or a t-shirt is perfect for when you NPC. There are multitudes of pieces of garb that you would have to wear as an NPC such as furs, tunics, tabards, and other pieces. If you play as you PC, you could wear the clothes under your garb, which is good if you need extra layers, which you will if it gets cold. I have a question, do you plan to start as a PC or as a NPC?

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
20 Mar 2014 21:46 #3 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic Newbie questions
Hi, my name is Sean and I am a new player marshal. If you are NPCing for us all weekend then yes all you need is black long sleeve/tshirt and sweatpants are great. If you plan on PCing (making a character) you would need to wear a costume. There is a great "starter kit" on easy ( www.etsy.com/listing/174313343/larp-star...kage?ref=af_new_item ) but by no means do we require that mush garb to start with. We have stuff that we can help you with. To help set things up you can show up early on Friday and find James (he's the one with the amazing hair, known as
Gallion on the boards. As for the kitchen during game or pre game find any new player marshal (or when you make a character) let one of us know and we will hook you up the best we can. As for tents we have plenty on camp but bring a sleeping bag, pillow, blanket, bug spray, and if your fair skinned like myself, sunscreen. Please feel free to message me or post more questions here and more new player marshals as well as others will give you more info then you will need. The community here is always excited to help new people and players out we love see people come to our game. So keep the questions coming. :)

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • jquest716
  • Thank Yous: 12
20 Mar 2014 22:42 #4 by jquest716 (jquest716)
Replied by jquest716 (jquest716) on topic Newbie questions
Yea I am going to a NPC for the event.

Be Well and Peace,
Jared
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
21 Mar 2014 00:44 #5 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Newbie questions
Hiyo! You can message the Kitchen Marshal, Louis C. (I think his name is Pappy on here) about helping out in the kitchen.

There are a ton of places to sleep at the camp. Bring bedding (sheets, a sleeping bag, a pillow) as it's an old girlscout camp, so dirt and bugs are a thing.

GET. GOOD. SHOES.
BRING. MORE. SOCKS.
I cannot stress these enough.
The camp is almost always muddy and wet, and trench foot is awful.
The way your feet feel can make or break the game.

Other than that, yep, black pants, black shirt, s'all good. Might want to bring a change just in case you get muddy.

Welcome to the family :)

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.461 seconds