Bounty Hunting

26 Mar 2014 18:20 - 26 Mar 2014 18:36 #1 by Galean Vardok (DMcLean)
Bounty Hunting was created by Galean Vardok (DMcLean)
Hello, this seemed like the best place to post this since it's not directly a question about the rule book and a pretty newbie question.

I was wondering how bounty hunting worked in kr IG and OOG. Do you have to have the bounty hunter profession to get the jobs? Are they separate mods/ plots or do players just randomly run into a wanted guy to capture? Where can I find a list of wanted people?

I am assuming there is a system but only based on the bounty hunter profession which seems to be built around it.

IG: Galean Vardok

OOG: Devon M.
Last edit: 26 Mar 2014 18:36 by Galean Vardok (DMcLean).
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
26 Mar 2014 21:39 #2 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Bounty Hunting
As someone who hangs out with bounty hunters regularly IG, it really depends on the story of the game. There are sometimes IG bounties that get posted to pursue, sometimes there aren't, I haven't seen bounty hunter specific mods but sometimes bounty hunter actions can cause monster marshal or storyteller plot to happen based on their investigations and tracking and stuff.

As for a list of wanted dudes I'm not aware of anything except for the list of people in the barony who are sentenced to various things.

I think generally anyone can collect on a bounty if they capture the person.

I can say more specifically that the Baronial guard will sometimes ask for help/employ bounty hunters but beyond that it is FOIG to an extent.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Galean Vardok (DMcLean)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
26 Mar 2014 22:04 #3 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Bounty Hunting
For the most part, the Professions are mainly lists of skills to help build your character. We try to make it possible for many people to do many different things, including hunting down wanted criminals. The Bounty Hunter list, while anyone can reasonably do it, is better designed than any other list for specifically capturing a target.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
26 Mar 2014 22:17 - 26 Mar 2014 22:18 #4 by Galean Vardok (DMcLean)
Replied by Galean Vardok (DMcLean) on topic Bounty Hunting
Thank You for the help

The backstory I have thought up for my character revolves around an evil loan shark and a father who doesn't want his son to be poor. Essentially justice and money to which bounty hunter fits the bill. I am thinking about picking up the profession soon.

I was also looking for something to do when I wasn't on mods and instead just hanging around the inn.

Also how and where would I find an IG bounty posted if there was one?

IG: Galean Vardok

OOG: Devon M.
Last edit: 26 Mar 2014 22:18 by Galean Vardok (DMcLean).
  • Rowan Uidhir
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Beans, beans, the musical fruit...
  • Thank Yous: 145
26 Mar 2014 22:45 - 26 Mar 2014 22:46 #5 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa)
Replied by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa) on topic Bounty Hunting
Like Bill stated, it would be helpful to ask the guards in game, but you should also keep your eyes peeled here on the forums. There is an in game section of the forums (in character posts only). Sometimes bounties or wanted signs are posted for the public to see.

(OOG) Teresa Amore
Last edit: 26 Mar 2014 22:46 by Rowan Uidhir (Teresa). Reason: grammar
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
26 Mar 2014 23:11 #6 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Bounty Hunting
Devon, I love this concept and I soooo want to help you out. Check your private messages for more info, and generally seek me out. I'm not a newbie helper or anything but I love helping folks out adn this idea appeals to me.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
27 Mar 2014 07:33 #7 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Bounty Hunting
This is a shared world too, if you talk to people and let them know that you are looking for Bounty Hunter work, and you do it regularly, stuff will find you.

I came in with the concept of a "down on his luck, out of coin, dumb guy willing to do any jobs" and I had someone pay me IG gold to move and imaginary, dead, sheep that they'd been using as dissect practice.

Just keep an open mind about what kind of bounties you will hunt and the more you do it the more you will find there is to do with it.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.526 seconds