Fair journeys. I'm Vincent.

22 May 2014 23:46 #1 by Vincent D'Amato (TheBellowingHorn)
Fair journeys. I'm Vincent. was created by Vincent D'Amato (TheBellowingHorn)
If you have any questions for me, don't hesitate

Since I have an ability to commit to something like this as I haven't in the past, I'd like to join your community and begin a life in LARP. I've known some folk who've had an on off relationship with this type of acting and battle. Not withstanding, my love of everything fantasy based is quite literally kicking me in the mind to go forth and do this already!

A few bits about me:
- I was raised heathen. Not really a fan of the word but that's the most apt one I can say and people exclaim "Oh! I know what that is!". I've always held a love for the tales of the Gods, Thor especially. Which fits comfortably since I have red hair and a beard, right? I've also practiced berserking, with... unique results. I'd love to incorporate this in to a character, barring that it's within the guidelines of your realm. Perhaps someone can tell me which races or types of characters are really needed?
- There's a passion to be found in crafting your own armors. I'm no exception to this. Lately I've been developing my skills to concoct more viable protection. My next project will be a rugged viking attire. If anyone has solid tips on prepping for a project that denotes a large portion of your body being covered, I'll take all the help you can offer. :-)
- Very much in love with my girlfriend, whom I hope joins me on this adventure.
- And probably the more important one: If I end up enjoying your company, and build a good repertoire with a handy set of characters, I'll do anything I can to help the realm and keep the game going strong. :cheer:

So.... There you have it. Many thanks for taking the time to read. Fair journeys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
23 May 2014 00:30 #2 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Fair journeys. I'm Vincent.
Hey vincent, I'm bill. Sounds like you might have fun playing a Barbarian Berserker.

You know, like I do ;)

Just be very careful during combat, we're a lightest touch larp, so don't go berserking for realsies.

Now, I'm not a newbie helper or anything, but given your oog leanings I think I could definitely be of some help. I'll be pointing this post at some people who are newbie helpers too.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent D'Amato (TheBellowingHorn)
23 May 2014 07:12 #3 by Vincent D'Amato (TheBellowingHorn)
Replied by Vincent D'Amato (TheBellowingHorn) on topic Fair journeys. I'm Vincent.
I've seen some videos, and been told by a lot of people that it's a safe style of fighting where it's a touch fighting style. So you have my word I won't actually lose my everloving mind... But I'll happily show the methods I've learned in obtaining a frenzy as part of a fitting character. Plus a good session of berserking leaves you absolutely tired by the end of it.

Honestly, my interest in this stems much more in acting out a story and immersing myself in a fun adventure. The interaction, meeting new people, forging alliances and gaining enemies. I could be just as happy playing a gentle healer with a big belly and a heart of gold!
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
23 May 2014 09:22 #4 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Fair journeys. I'm Vincent.
Vincent,
Welcome! I'm glad you came across our game! My name is Onca, I'm a new player marshal. You definitely seem excited, and I'd love to help you with concepts, questions, and anything else. Feel free to send me a private message or simply to post here and any of our new player marshals will gladly answer as soon as possible!

Looking forward to meeting you (and possibly the girlfriend) soonish!
-Onca

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
23 May 2014 11:54 #5 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Fair journeys. I'm Vincent.
Nice to meet you Vincent. I'm Matt, New Player Marshal, and barbarian Templar/Cavalier. If you have any questions, I'm another person you can ask. Looking forward to seeing you!

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
23 May 2014 12:05 #6 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Fair journeys. I'm Vincent.
Hi! I'm Jen! I'm neither a berserker nor a new player marshal but i have taken it upon my self to tell you to BRING SOCKS. For I am the guardian of SOCKS the protector of SOCKS.
Your feet will be dry if you make sure to bring LOTS OF SOCKS.

SOCKS.
(and good boots, the ground is very muddy most of the time)
DO IT.

And Welcome to the game :D

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
23 May 2014 20:01 #7 by Vincent D'Amato (TheBellowingHorn)
Replied by Vincent D'Amato (TheBellowingHorn) on topic Fair journeys. I'm Vincent.
Reading the rule book is a bit to take in, so I'm not going to rush through the chapters. It'll most likely be a couple of months before I can finally arrive to one of your monthly events. However, I'm pretty certain I'd like to start out as an NPC and kitchen help for the majority of that first visit to the realm. It seems like too good of an opportunity for someone new to get a good feel of everyone playing our their roles and really see good interaction. Plus I love cooking.

Maybe for a day I'd use it as some training for which ever first character I'll design. And Gods know I'll need some help there. You've all been pleasant and helpful, so thank you very much for that.
24 May 2014 14:43 #8 by Vincent D'Amato (TheBellowingHorn)
Is there anyone who can give me a good understanding of a Dragoon? I'm reading the study guide for it all and was hoping for more insight on what it takes to portray one. Either on here or through a private message. Thank you for the help :-)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.526 seconds