First Event

14 Jul 2014 14:19 #1 by Bronn O'Brieach (Nick)
First Event was created by Bronn O'Brieach (Nick)
Greetings and salutations friends. I am indeed going to be heading down for this months event, I will be NPCing the entire weekend. So with that in mind, I went upon a shopping quest as one does when one is prepping for a LARP. I got myself a backpack that has a water bladder built in and has several pockets to hold munchies and such. I got myself several black t-shirts, however when I went on the side quest to find black shorts/pants I found none. I failed in my quest. I will be bringing several pair of jean shorts, and a pair of black tactical boots. It is hard to find things in my size occasionally. Once I have more cash I will be having more garb made up so that I fit in better, I do apologize for not having it on the get go. While upon my quest, I did find some anti-bug unguent that I have heard will be most appropriate as well as something to help guard against the day star that ravages our lands in these hot months.

I look forward to coming down and joining in the fun. Thank you for all your help.

OOG: Nicholas Malinowski
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
14 Jul 2014 15:22 - 14 Jul 2014 15:23 #2 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic First Event
If you are looking for some cheap NPC pants, look into hospital scrubs. Wal-Mart sells them now for like $13 in a wide variety of sizes.

Good to have you on board!

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
Last edit: 14 Jul 2014 15:23 by Matt D (MattD).
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
14 Jul 2014 19:30 #3 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic First Event
Goto any Sports Authority or Modells for plain black sweatpants. The ones with elastic waist & cuffs. Those are fine for NPC gear. As an NPC, you'll be running around, getting sweaty, dirty, muddy, and overall just gross most fo the time. Just brings clothes you'll be comfy in while being very active in the summer heat. That's my advice. Any special costume stuff will be handled by the Marshals on duty. See if you can get a belt pouch or fanny pack. Something to hold cards, fake gems, treasure, & other stuff as you NPC.

Socks... lots of socks... it gets wet and muddy at the event. Maybe a pair of back-up boots or sandals. If the weather does turn hot, & we can get a lifeguard present, you may wanna try for a dip in the lake. Bring swimming trunks, a towel, & maybe some bathing supplies.

All in all, read the New Player's guide/write up as it has a lot of great stuff. If you're only NPCing, it does make your costume requirements a lot simpler and no need to bring weapon props.

Last thing... welcome aboard. Have fun. Don't be afraid to mess up. Listen to the Marshals. Hope you have a great time and we do our best to have you join us.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds