New to LARP! Excited to attend the July Event! Some Q's about Arrows and Archery.

18 Jul 2014 21:36 - 20 Jul 2014 15:54 #1 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
Hello future KR friends!

A friend of mine who plays a high elf at KR introduced me to this LARP and we'll be coming up together to participate in the July event. I'm very excited to participate and the whole thing sounds like a blast! I love camping and I love D&D so I'm sure I'll have fun!

I have a few questions about the archery mechanics. I happen to already own a low-draw-weight traditional wooden longbow that would be perfect for LARP and I'd like to build a character that utilizes it as a weapon. However, despite searching high and low throughout the past month I've been unable to find an online retailer that has the LARP-safe padded arrows in stock in time for me to get them before the July event. Will there be a vendor at KR selling LARP-safe padded arrows? If not, would I be able to borrow one or two?

Aside from that, I've got my costume all sewn up, have read over the rules and player info, have a basic build and story for my character and I can't wait to attend the new player training!

Huntress Ketryn Shiverthorn
Private of the Baronial Guard

OOG- Kat B.
Last edit: 20 Jul 2014 15:54 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
18 Jul 2014 21:56 #2 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
I do not know if they will be at the upcoming July event, but a regular KR player named Mahoney runs a LARP supply business & carries arrows.

LARP Exchange Arrows

Send them a quick message & they maybe able to help you. Also remember they offer KR players a discount. The discount code is on this website.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
20 Jul 2014 15:56 #3 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
Thanks so much! I'll send him a message.

OOG- Kat B.
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
22 Jul 2014 14:59 #4 by Onca (Lorelai)
Hello! Welcome to KR!

I'm Onca, one of the new player marshals. I am glad your friend got you pumped up to join us at Camp Sac! I second Paul's suggestion, but also recommend that you ask people to point you toward Kaladonia, as we have a massive amount of archers, if you're unable to find some for sale before then. If that's the case, I'm sure you'll find someone there to lend you a few. =)

If you have any further questions before this weekend, please let us know! We're happy to have you! Also make sure you give credit to the person who brought you to event, as there's a small reward in it for them. Just tell them at sign-in!

-Onca

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
22 Jul 2014 20:25 #5 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
Thanks, Onca!

I talked to Mahoney and I should be able to get a few arrows before the event this coming weekend but if I need to I will totally ask around in Kaladonia. :> 'Glad there are so many players enjoying archery! I'll make sure to have my bow safety checked before play begins. If I think of any more questions I'll definitely PM you.

Thanks again!

PS. I will definitely make sure that the person who referred me gets credit for it :>

OOG- Kat B.
  • Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
23 Jul 2014 00:55 #6 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Welcome to the KR Family!

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.475 seconds