Questions

15 Aug 2014 16:42 #1 by Bronn O'Brieach (Nick)
Questions was created by Bronn O'Brieach (Nick)
Hello again all, I am still looking forward to my first appearance at your wonderful game. Looks like September will be the magic month. I am still interested in being a full time NPC.
That being said, and I hope I am not crossing any lines, but I am also interested in learning how to run story lines. I have been gaming for over 30 years in the table top world (we won't discuss the number of games lol). But the more I think about it, the more I am interested in learning a new skill. Telling a story in a LARP would be a very new experience for me.
I know that this is probably an odd request for someone who is looking forward to their first game, but I figure I'd ask and start the learning process so that when it is deemed that I am ready, I'll be able to jump into it knowing what I'll need to.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to making it down there.

OOG: Nicholas Malinowski
  • Draven Erdboren
  • "Let my armies be the rocks and the trees, and the birds in the sky."
  • Thank Yous: 39
15 Aug 2014 17:12 #2 by Draven Erdboren (Grundill)
Replied by Draven Erdboren (Grundill) on topic Questions
From the rule book

Monster Marshals

The Monster Marshals are assistant storytellers of a sort, creating a background on which larger and longer plot lines may be featured. Each Monster Marshal is a veteran of the game who has demonstrated strong story crafting skills as well as knowledge of Knight Realms game mechanics. Monster Marshals are also responsible for make up and costuming, as well as some degree of role-play training for NPCs to ensure a high quality of encounters throughout a given game weekend.
Requirements and Expectations to become a Marshal

You must have attended a minimum of 12 events.

You must serve three months of Monster Marshal "Training" shifts, where you will act as an assistant to the Monster Marshal on duty. These training shifts will be in addition to your normal NPC shift.

You must submit to the Monster Officer 2 concept "Random Encounters" and 1 concept "Mini-Module" including NPC stats, hooking and set up information, and intended encounter "level".

Approval of the Monster Officer.

Draven Erdboren
Huntsman
Squire to Lord Lucius Blackthorne

OOG Chris L.
Monster Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bronn O'Brieach (Nick)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.418 seconds