NEW to KR

• Azrael
  • Thank Yous: 21
18 Aug 2014 21:55 #1 by Azrael (newtyperx79)
NEW to KR was created by Azrael (newtyperx79)
I hadn't even heard of Knight Realms until 6pm Fri, and decided to go after talking to my friend Brittany. I packed a bag and headed up with her, as LARP is something I always wanted to try. I did the 24 hr NPC shift, played a few different roles and met many great people.

I had a blast this weekend watching and interacting with everyone. I was The Bartender in training during the feast till about midnight. I didn't expect bar tending to be so enjoyable. I got to interact with many other players and see how everyone played their PC's and i totally got pumped. I ran around doing some great NPC roles on Friday night as well being kidnapped by a little blonde and her gang, which turned out to be pretty epic fun, especially learning that she broke someones legs in the inn. It was great as an NPC watching how in game the PC's got for certain mods, I believe they are called.

Overall it was great and I am working on putting a character together now. I look forward to participating much more in the future.

Azrael

OOG: Luis Morales
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
18 Aug 2014 22:46 #2 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic NEW to KR
Welcome aboard and thank you for NPCing for us!

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Azrael (newtyperx79)
  • Azrael
19 Aug 2014 05:49 - 19 Aug 2014 06:22 #3 by Azrael (newtyperx79)
Replied by Azrael (newtyperx79) on topic NEW to KR
I am looking at making my first weapon and I thought a staff would be fun. I was wondering if a the staff have blades on each end or would that be considered a spear or polearm?

Azrael

Last edit: 19 Aug 2014 06:22 by Azrael (newtyperx79).
19 Aug 2014 06:11 #4 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic NEW to KR
quarterstaffs are awesome weapons, so why profane it with blades? a quarterstaff in the right hands is a very dangerous weapon (both in history and here), and very simple.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Azrael (newtyperx79)
  • Azrael
19 Aug 2014 06:24 #5 by Azrael (newtyperx79)
Replied by Azrael (newtyperx79) on topic NEW to KR
Oh I agree with you I am brainstorming though and just thinking of ideas to look a little different. Also can staffs be held with one hand in combat so spells can still be casted?

Azrael

• Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
19 Aug 2014 08:55 #6 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic NEW to KR
While this is going dangerously close to rules marshal territory, yes you can do that with staves. It depends on what kind of character you are making, heavy combat characters may find staves a bit low on damage compared to a polearm or two handed blunt weapon, or other such tools of warfare.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
  • Goggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 226
19 Aug 2014 10:47 #7 by Goggs (coryan)
Replied by Goggs (coryan) on topic NEW to KR
Hey! Really glad you enjoyed yourself this weekend. If you'd like to wield a staff in one hand whilst keeping the other free to throw spell packets, I know that a few places sell LARP-friendly latex short staves/escrima sticks/etc. So long as it's shorter than 48", you can wield it in one hand as either a Bastard Blunt or One-Handed Blunt, each of which have the same base damage as a standard Staff (i.e. 2,) but with the additional advantage that you can actually use them for aggressive combat (Staves can only be wielded in one hand for defensive purposes.)

I hope that's helpful - looking forward to seeing you in September!

- A. C. Goggins
Quartermaster

OOG: Cory W-S
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Maul."
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.529 seconds