Returning Player from leave of absence.

20 Aug 2014 16:35 #1 by Myr_Sirian (Sirian)
Returning Player from leave of absence. was created by Myr_Sirian (Sirian)
Greetings All,

I'm a player coming back from being away for a fairly long while, and I understand that a great deal of changes have taken place since I last played. So my general question is what are those changes? I have been informed of most of them, regarding build costs for skills in intervals and things of that nature, but when I return how do I adjust the character sheet? Should this be done beforehand?

Also, being that there has been so much time, there are significant changes I wish to do to the character. I know that there is a process of unlearning skills on the sheet over the course of events, but I would like to commit to one bulk change before returning to represent the amount of time being away and the changes that occurred over that time. I never used a rewrite when I played, is that still in effect? I'm looking to drop a class that I had along with everything invested into that class.

A bombardment of questions I know, but things have changed and I'd like to try and keep up. Thanks in advance!

OOG: Mark Sedlazek
20 Aug 2014 16:42 #2 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Returning Player from leave of absence.
I can't answer any of your questions, but I can say welcome back! I look forward to meeting you.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
20 Aug 2014 17:24 #3 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Returning Player from leave of absence.
I strongly recommend contacting the Rules Marshals about your old pc and changes to it... and to contact the Database/Card Marshals on getting it put back into an active status.

That said, Welcome Back!!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
20 Aug 2014 17:27 #4 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Returning Player from leave of absence.
Waves hi... I came back too after some years. Get your card worked on before you return. I did and it saves time. People will be happy to help. Welcome home.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
20 Aug 2014 18:11 #5 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Returning Player from leave of absence.
If this is Mark, please add your name to your signature :) If it's not, well, do the same.

As far as the card changes, I'm going to refer you to a Card Marshal or James for this one, but generally, the biggest change for you will have been body and Weapon Profs (Or strength). Those are automatically adjusted on your card, so you may see a change in damage. You will also see a change to your current body.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
20 Aug 2014 19:09 #6 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Returning Player from leave of absence.
Send a request to Please include as much information as you can and one of the card marshals will get with you to help you with the re-write.

Welcome back!

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.483 seconds