Hi new player interested in KR with some questions for getting started.

24 Aug 2014 19:34 #1 by Daegis Valen (guitarguy181)
Hello everyone! My name is Darryl but everyone I know calls me DJ, I recently have been talking to some friends that are current members of the KR family and I have become quite interested in joining the game.

I have a few unusual questions regarding character creation, abilities and weapons and armor for the game. I am disabled and confined to a wheelchair and I'm looking for classes that I would be able to play but I could physically handle. One of which I have been informed about is the Psion class which seems really interesting but I've been informed that some of the information in the rule book may be a little dated and they suggested I find someone familiar with the class on here to help me decide if its the right class for me.

Also because of my situation I have a friend that makes armor for the PA ren faire and we had a few ideas of armor construction such as using alternate materials such as aluminum rather than iron/steel for plate armor to help with the weight but would I be docked armor rating on the costume vs professional scale for that since I physically cannot handle wearing steel?

Last question for logistics is because of not being able to transfer on my own sleeping in a tent or cot is going to be very difficult and if there was any nearby hotels that i could possibly room for a night off site if that would be allowed or if not, anyplace i could go and sleep out of game in my chair as i can not get up and move around quickly.

Once again it was really nice getting introduced to your awesome group and I cannot wait to hear from all of you!

Thanks again,
DJ

OOG: Darryl "DJ" Hartman
24 Aug 2014 21:24 #2 by Daniel McKraegar (Daniel McKraegar)
Replied by Daniel McKraegar (Daniel McKraegar) on topic Hi new player interested in KR with some questions for getting started.
The rule book is up to date as far as Psion is concerned, if anything it's going to be minor edits.

Unfortunately it must be made of period materials to be Professionale grade and provide Soak. There is no other difference besides that between Costume and Professional Grade armor. I do suggest micro mesh if weight is the issue ( www.ringmesh.com ).

There are nearby hotels, I however do not know them off hand, I've just heard others mention staying at nearby hotels in the past.

I can discuss any other things with you via Facebook.

Jason Michaeli

Sir Daniel McKraegar
Knight of Kaladonia
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
24 Aug 2014 22:07 #3 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
The campsite has 2 buildings with wheelchair access. The Main Building & the Health Cabin.

The Main Building we use as "The Dragon's Claw Inn". The ramp leads into the main dining hall. Accessible on the first floor is the main dining hall, the "bar"/foyer area, the kitchen, a bathroom with shower, & 1 bedroom. There's an alcove area that can serve as a 2nd bedroom.

The Health Cabin serves as "The Monastary". It has bathroom with shower, & a large communal room with beds. I believe it also has a small side room that acts as an additional bedroom.

Both buildings has large, RP-based importance. As such, some players tend to stay in certain rooms at each location as they have meaning to those characters.

There are other cabins around the campsite, but I am unfamiliar on their accessibility.

The closest hotel/motel/inn off site to Camp Sac is the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Newton, Sparta (here's the website info).

The next closest is The Andover Inn .

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daegis Valen (guitarguy181)
24 Aug 2014 22:19 #4 by Daegis Valen (guitarguy181)
Replied by Daegis Valen (guitarguy181) on topic Hi new player interested in KR with some questions for getting started.
thank you very much for that great info i'll definitely look into it!

OOG: Darryl "DJ" Hartman
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
25 Aug 2014 10:24 #5 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Hi new player interested in KR with some questions for getting started.
Hello, DJ!

If you're looking at classes that you can play easily with your chair, you may want to take a look at the three crafting-based classes: smith, alchemist, and scholar. All three of these classes spend a significant portion of time making things or researching, and less time traveling all over the camp beating things up ;-). Smiths are particularly social, because very nearly everyone in the game requires the services of a smith at some point over the weekend.

You may also want to take a look at priest as high-rp/low-combat class.

I look forward to seeing you at game!

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
25 Aug 2014 13:06 #6 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Hi new player interested in KR with some questions for getting started.
DJ's another of us from the Berks/Chester County PA region. Good to see ya man, and all I can say is: one decent throw with a packet of itching powder or a save with the healing salve is worth more than the mighty Marauder halfway across the field. although making people return their books could be awesome as well.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.546 seconds