Hey

• Lukas L
  • Thank Yous: 0
11 Feb 2015 21:42 #1 by Lukas L (LukaCola)
Hey was created by Lukas L (LukaCola)
Hey, my name's Lukas. I've heard of this place through some friends here at Purchase, and it's always something I've kinda wanted to try.

I don't have any experience with LARP, but I have some basic gear that definitely gets me excited to take part. And I have experience with tabletops and such.

I have a character in mind and I've written him up, I'm thinking a rogue will be just right, I just now have to figure out the OOG stuff like how to actually get there and how important the weather is. Because we definitely have a lot of snow right now.

So yeah, just thought I'd introduce myself. And any advice would be appreciated!
11 Feb 2015 21:45 #2 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic Hey
Hi Lukas my name is Sean and I am a new player marshal.
Weather is the most important part to prepare for. Right now it's super cold. Bring extra layers of socks and under garments. It makes a world of difference.
If you have any questions let us know. Will you be joining us this coming weekend?

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
11 Feb 2015 21:58 - 11 Feb 2015 21:59 #3 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Hey
For this event especially, if you think you have enough socks, bring another four pairs. If you think you have enough blankets, pack one more. It's going to be bitter this weekend, so the key is staying warm. There's going to be plenty of people around to help you out, myself included. If you want to touch base with me on anything character related before the event, feel free. Welcome to the game!

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
Last edit: 11 Feb 2015 21:59 by Matt D (MattD).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyndra Stagsblood (Taylorfischer)
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
11 Feb 2015 22:22 #4 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Hey
Hey! I'm Onca, a new player marshal like the two already posted here. If you are coming down later with some Purchase folks, let me know if you need some help after lay-on with your card!

I'm glad to help with Shadowy stuff, too. We generally recommend if you want to play a rogue, you keep it quiet, just in case someone accidentally metagames. If you'd like to talk more rogue stuff, please PM me or feel free to find one of us marshals on Friday night.

To reiterate from above - costuming is awesome, warmth is better. If you need anything at all, I usually have spares (scarf, hat, etc.) and remember layers layers layers.

Travel safely!
-Onca

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
11 Feb 2015 23:28 #5 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Hey
HELL YEA, PURCHASE.

Bring more socks.
If you think you've brought enough, you haven't.
SOCKS.

Onca is right about the rogue stuff, keep it on the DL as best you can.

Invest in good boots
Bring snacks for midnight cravings and for sharing with new friends (food is a godsend at 2am, everyone loves someone with snacks)
Bring extra socks
Wear layers, wool or synthetic. Not cotton, never cotton, cotton bad, booo cotton.
Don't forget a pillow, sheets, blankets, etc. not having pillow is sadmaking.
Bring extra socks.
Bring black clothes for your NPC shift. Sometimes people forget, but that's a big one.
And more socks.

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: rivanyasi (rivanyasi)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
12 Feb 2015 00:21 #6 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Hey
PURCHASE!

Stay warm, being lots of socks, and have fun.

And if you need a ride from the Purchase area just ask!

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
  • Lukas L
12 Feb 2015 01:23 #7 by Lukas L (LukaCola)
Replied by Lukas L (LukaCola) on topic Hey
I was considering going this weekend, and I think I would be able to keep warm (thermals are the best) but sleeping gear is not something I prepared too well for. Should've thought of it last week, oh well.

Socks (you guys really seem to like them) and food I think I can manage. But I might need some more equipment for sleeping (which I have, just not at my place) before I can actually go. I have a heavy down comforter, but I guess a sleeping bag would be a good idea.

Well, hey, March isn't too far away either. I'm sure I can get everything in order in the mean time.

And I certainly have a good pair of boots. They're work boots, unfortunately, but they're not terribly unusual work. Also got a pair of light costume boots, might as well take both.

Thanks for all the help guys. Very fast responses! I'm looking forward to whenever I get a chance to take part.
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
12 Feb 2015 04:16 #8 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Hey
I've been wearing the same pair of black waterproof workbooks here at game for 5 years :)

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
12 Feb 2015 09:20 #9 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic Hey
I know that a few people bring extra sleeping bags so you could ask around. If you wanted to come out for this event.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
12 Feb 2015 12:05 #10 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Hey
Hey Lukas,

I'm John, a Safety Marshal and along with the rest of the Safety Staff, one of the last folks you want to have to see on a professional level should something happen that gets you hurt/sick. :)

That being said, having a decent sleeping bag for the temperatures is a sound idea. One can make do with multiples of blankets in a pinch but there is a method to doing this properly to ensure comfort.... and that comforter will help.

HOWEVER
... I do NOT recommend this for your first event though as if you don't have it planned out well enough when using blankets to wrap in, its very possible you will be getting a visit from me or one of the other Safety Marshals due to hypothermia.

I DO recommend a light blanket for the inside of your sleeping bag though- some makes of bags do not have a good barrier at the zipper and cold can seep in. Placing the in-the-bag blanket against the zipper will help with that issue.

And as its been mentioned many times, bring many pairs of socks. I recommend six pair at a minimum... but as some might say, not even that is enough.

Any questions, please feel free to ask away. If I don't know, I can find the answer or send you to someone who knows. :)

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher), Lukas L (LukaCola)
  • Lukas L
12 Feb 2015 16:26 #11 by Lukas L (LukaCola)
Replied by Lukas L (LukaCola) on topic Hey
Well I think I actually have everything in order, so if I can get a ride I can hopefully come out tomorrow.
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
12 Feb 2015 23:51 - 12 Feb 2015 23:52 #12 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic Hey

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
Last edit: 12 Feb 2015 23:52 by Croínamara (Jen).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lukas L (LukaCola)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.570 seconds