noob

• potpojohn
  • Thank Yous: 1
02 Mar 2015 15:43 #1 by potpojohn (potpojohn)
noob was created by potpojohn (potpojohn)
Hey my names john I know very little about larping I want to start asap I was thinking of being a npc for the first event who should I talk to help me with my first time I don't know what to do or need to bring
02 Mar 2015 17:36 #2 by Beinion (Beardy McFeatherbow) Thallor (Kevin G.)
Replied by Beinion (Beardy McFeatherbow) Thallor (Kevin G.) on topic noob
Hello,
My name is Kevin. It is a good idea to NPC for your first time. You get to play many roles and get used to how combat works. For full time NPCs the weekend is free and includes a dinner on saturday. There is usually breakfast and a lunch on Saturday. It is pretty inexpensive, usually $2 a meal or so. You can bring your own food as well if needed. Be sure to dress warm and wear black for NPCing. Bring your own bedding like pillows, Sheets, blankets or a sleeping bag.

Ser Beinion Thallor

The Fangs of Kaladonia

Steward of Niedrillion
[hr]
Alt- Leondavez Shacklebolt
[hr]
OOG: Kevin G
Senior Kitchen Staff
02 Mar 2015 17:38 #3 by Beinion (Beardy McFeatherbow) Thallor (Kevin G.)
Replied by Beinion (Beardy McFeatherbow) Thallor (Kevin G.) on topic noob

Ser Beinion Thallor

The Fangs of Kaladonia

Steward of Niedrillion
[hr]
Alt- Leondavez Shacklebolt
[hr]
OOG: Kevin G
Senior Kitchen Staff
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
11 Mar 2015 15:30 - 11 Mar 2015 17:51 #4 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic noob
Hey John!

So sorry more people haven't replied yet. My name is Onca, I'm one of our New Player Marshals. We'd love to have you at an event - if you made it this past weekend, awesome. If not, or if you have more questions, please feel free to message me here on the forums, or post questions here.

Kevin makes excellent points. A few things to be mindful of:
-it is still chilly out. Bring layers, and multiples of things like Socks.
-There are some showers, but be sure to bring a towel if you plan to use one.
-If you are not full-time NPCing, there is a lot to go over, but we can definitely help! I suggest starting with Kevin's link and reading the rulebook. If you have a concept, but want to know if it works, ask! If it is a rogue-like concept, I advise messaging myself or another new player marhsal to discuss it - this avoids meta-gaming.
-For your first event, we have a training session friday night. This is usually at 9.30pm, and we announce it.
-Costuming can be pricey. A great start is to find a "starter kit" on etsy or similar, and even cheaper is to get some Scrubs for pants, and make your own tabard or 'olde-style' shirt. Youtube is a great resource for that.

I look forward to seeing you at an event soon!

Edit: Looks like people answered you on another thread. I'll leave this up in case it helps, but glad you got answers!

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
Last edit: 11 Mar 2015 17:51 by Onca (Lorelai).
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.505 seconds