New player looking to go to the June Event

29 Apr 2015 13:56 #1 by Will Landon (OwlWill)
New player looking to go to the June Event was created by Will Landon (OwlWill)
Greetings all.
New to Knight Realms as a whole and I'm looking for guidance on how to build my character. I'm planning to play a Coast Havener but I am still as of yet undecided as to what profession I should be. Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, from what I've been told you all are a great bunch of people and I can't wait to go!

Will Landon
New Player
The following user(s) said Thank You: Croínamara (Jen), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
  • Imrahil
  • I hear, and I forget; I see, and I remember; I do, and I understand.
  • Thank Yous: 216
29 Apr 2015 14:12 #2 by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett)
Replied by Imrahil (Brendan Barrett) on topic New player looking to go to the June Event
Welcome Will!
Kind of a tall order to pick a profession for a stranger. I'd say your best bet is to look through the profession list and see what skills seem like they would be fun to play with. Ask your character some questions. Are they sneaky? Burly? Have a nose for the shinys? Devious perhaps? Maybe cowardly?

Don't feel as though you are pidgeon-holed by your first profession choice either; you can have up to four lower lists. I'll be starting my coast havener in June as well, and he isn't going to be quite what I want of him til I open a second list.

I look forward to meeting whoever you decide on!

Imrahil

-Lieutenant of the Baronial Guard

(Amos Oberjonois - Trapper and Spirit Speaker)

OOG - Brendan Barrett
Kitchen marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Will Landon (OwlWill)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
29 Apr 2015 15:10 #3 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic New player looking to go to the June Event
Will, you heard correctly! There is a great community here.

I'm Jeff, one of the many New Player Marshals you're sure to meet. Welcome to Knight Realms!

As to what kind of character you want to play, have you ever read a book or played a videogame and identified with one of the characters? Maybe you thought, "I want to be like that!"?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Will Landon (OwlWill)
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
29 Apr 2015 17:43 #4 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic New player looking to go to the June Event
Howdy will I'm Matt also a new player marshal, just wanna add in that if you pick a profession and it's not all that cracked up to be you can re write your first couple events with no penalty.

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Will Landon (OwlWill)
29 Apr 2015 18:11 #5 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic Re:New player looking to go to the June Event
Hi, I'm May, and I'm not a new player marshal, but I do like helping people. Rumor has it that there are going to be slight changes to classes soon that would allow a greater selection of classes available to start with. I'm not sure if it will be in effect by June, but it's something to keep in the back of your mind while selecting classes.
Also it's not just a rumor that we're great and friendly and such. This is the most welcoming group of people who play dress up in the woods that I've ever been a part of.

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
29 Apr 2015 19:25 #6 by Will Landon (OwlWill)
Replied by Will Landon (OwlWill) on topic New player looking to go to the June Event
Hello again,

@ Brendan - I took your advice. I looked at the professions and I've narrowed it down to Torturer, Bounty Hunter, and Buccaneer. Not sure how shady I want to go.

@ Jeff - I have thought "I want to be like that!" before. I have actually larped before and I have a few character concepts in mind right now.

@ Matt - Thanks for the info.

@ May - Thanks for the info and I can't wait to try this out. I already have my costume in the works.

I can't wait to meet all of you!

Will Landon
New Player
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
29 Apr 2015 19:39 - 29 Apr 2015 19:40 #7 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic New player looking to go to the June Event
Will! Sup man!

I'm a New Player Marshal at this game as well and if you need any help don't hesitate to ask.

All three of your choices have their own pros and cons, feel free to message me, or post here and we can chat about them.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 29 Apr 2015 19:40 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
  • Kadin D
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 53
29 Apr 2015 20:02 #8 by Kadin D (Katie D)
Replied by Kadin D (Katie D) on topic New player looking to go to the June Event
Hi, I'm Katie. I'm also one of the new player marshals. Welcome, I'm also willing to help be a person to bounce ideas off of if you like.

Physician

Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

OOG - Katie DeFranza

New Player Marshal, Safety Marshal
  • Amilia Tolunda
  • Artist, Writer, Gamer
  • Thank Yous: 97
29 Apr 2015 20:05 #9 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi)
Replied by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi) on topic New player looking to go to the June Event
Hey, I'm Julie Anne. Not a new player marshal, but new myself in January, so I can relate.

The above advice is totally accurate, and I suggest NPCing a bit before settling down on what you want. Its somewhat funny advice, coming from someone who jumped in with both feet on her Gypsy Healer, and now is playing a Dryad Druid but... Something will grow on you, even if it isn't what you expect.

Play who you want to play, and let the character take on a life of their own as well. You never know who you'll become fast friends with (IG or OOG)!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amilia Tolunda - Romani - Healer
Aimee "Whisper" Whisperleaf - Dryad - Druid - Bard
Maive Lusterwryn - Londwyn - Alchemist

OOG: Julie Anne B
29 Apr 2015 22:51 #10 by Will Landon (OwlWill)
Replied by Will Landon (OwlWill) on topic New player looking to go to the June Event
Thanks everyone!

Will Landon
New Player
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.534 seconds