Returning Character - Might as well be new

• Gamblor
  • "Everything falls to one cast of the die..."
  • Thank Yous: 30
03 May 2015 16:48 - 03 May 2015 16:55 #1 by Gamblor (Gamblor)
Returning Character - Might as well be new was created by Gamblor (Gamblor)
Hey all, some might remember me, most likely don't.

I will be returning for the weekend portion of the Week in the Life event in 2013, and I had a couple questions in regards to a character I haven't played in so long.

First, some rules have changed. Would I be able to sit with someone to possibly switch out skills? i.e. Master Cheat is no longer a skill, but I'd like to pick up Bankroll without having to re-learn it and wait another month. In addition, I had spent most of my build on skills that no longer apply, so I've had a large chunk of build refunded to me. Would I be able to immediately spend this on more uses of existing skills, body, and MP? (Obviously I don't expect to be able to just learn new skills that I've no reason to have, just to not have 50 unspent build lying around this session.)

Also, I had a second character started that I never played; I spent build on the character numerous times, just so I could start a new PC and not b stuck at level 1. I don't see this character listed when I log in the cards, but the character never even had a name or profession, as I never played it. IS there any way of finding out if the card still exists?

Finally, for those curious, here is what has kept me from KR for so long...

Meet Scarlett, my wonderful daughter, which may be shocking for those of you who still view me as sixteen.

EDIT: Three more things.

Are monthly awards automatically added? I apparently won NPC of the month last time.

Also, I know there are a ton of regulations about character backstory, none of which I have done. How should I go about submitting this?

Finally, do emails still go out about the Fence? I would love to get that email, if possible, though due to my long absence, if I need to try and find out IG I can.

In Service of Lady Luck,
First Gambler of Travance,
Vassal of Drega'Mire,
-Gamblor

"Cheating is second only to Black Sorcery..."
[hr]
[OOG - Chris Camburn]
“Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it.”
-Maimonides, The Guide for the Perplexed
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 May 2015 16:55 by Gamblor (Gamblor).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Dorn (Aradiel), Croínamara (Jen), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
03 May 2015 22:14 - 03 May 2015 22:15 #2 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic Returning Character - Might as well be new
Welcome back! I'm May and I didn't start until after you left, but it's still really exciting to see older players return. I'm not a new player marshall, but I can answer the questions to the best of my knowledge.

As for Gamblor, you should be able to rework skills immediately to adapt to the new heroic lists and such. I know at the moment these rules changed, they allowed players to rewrite a bit to have a fully functional card, so I see no reason why a returning player should not be extended the same courtesy.

In a similar vein, we celebrated my new favorite holiday back in November of 2013 called "40 build day" to compensate the existing players for their starting at level one, all of which they could immediately spend as they pleased. Your alt will be able to reap those spoils as well.

Mention to James at sign in that you were NPC of the month last game you were at, and he'll write it on the card so you can spend that build during the event.

As for the other two questions, I can't say for sure what the answers are. I just sort of submitted my backstory without any heed for the continuity of the world once my card showed up in the card system for the first time and it was accepted, so if there were regulations, I was (and still sort of am) unaware of them. As for fence, my character was never a rogue class and doesn't have the skill. Others will definitely come forward and help out with these, and any details that I happened to miss in the other questions.

Your daughter is absolutely adorable! We can all understand why such a cutie would keep you from game. Still, we're excited to have you back!

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
Last edit: 03 May 2015 22:15 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay).
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
04 May 2015 01:06 - 04 May 2015 01:28 #3 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Returning Character - Might as well be new
Just remember, please do not answer rules related questions if you are not a Marshal. Doing so helps to avoid any confusion in the rules.

First off Chris, it's good to see you back.

My first suggestion is to reach out to the card team at , to see if they can get their hands on your alt's card to see what you have available to you.

In the case of Bankroll vs Master Cheat, since the old skill was rewritten, you can swap the two out as long as you still meet the prerequisites for it they have changed a little since you were hear last, since now level is dependent on build SPENT, not build earned. If you want to message me on Facebook once we get your card number, I can help you rewrite it.

For Fence related issues, I'll let one of the people that is in charge of the Guild reach out to you privately. The system has changed since you were here last time, and I won't post publicly about that. We can talk privately a little bit if needed, but it would be better addressed by someone who currently runs the fence.

May is right about the NPC of the month question. Talk to James, he'll handle it.

Any questions, reach out to me privately and we can discuss further. See you in a few weeks!

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
Last edit: 04 May 2015 01:28 by Matt D (MattD).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gamblor (Gamblor), Croínamara (Jen)
  • Kendrick
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 4
04 May 2015 13:58 #4 by Kendrick (Kendrick)
Replied by Kendrick (Kendrick) on topic Returning Character - Might as well be new
Gamblor!!

One of my favorite KR memories of being an evil character is when we got you to give us 3 to 1 odds on a sword fight tournament I was in as Artimus and then I threw the fight to rip you off. :evil:

Brother Kendrick Maeldun
Paladin of the White Fox

oog Chris K
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae)
04 May 2015 15:41 #5 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic Returning Character - Might as well be new
Sorry about that Matt, I was going off of experience and I thought that was ok. I'll keep from doing that again.

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
04 May 2015 15:52 #6 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Returning Character - Might as well be new
No worries. just a blanket reminder for everyone

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
05 May 2015 17:25 #7 by Sister Danae (Danae)
Replied by Sister Danae (Danae) on topic Re:Returning Character - Might as well be new
OH MY GODS I REMEMBER YOU FROM WHEN I WAS 16 TOO!!! Welcome back!! :)

Dame Danae Hainsworth
Cleric of Valos
Second Knight of Pendarvin

"Where something bad happens, you have three choices...
You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or let it strengthen you."

OOG: Michaela Benton
  • Gamblor
05 May 2015 17:37 #8 by Gamblor (Gamblor)
Replied by Gamblor (Gamblor) on topic Returning Character - Might as well be new
HAH! Hey Michaela, I remember you too.

Chris... I remember that, too... rude...

May, thanks for the tips.

Matt, thank you. I apparently have a login to the character card DB and got Gamblor. I had a couple requests / potential errors, so I sent an email to to both check on the second card and look into making any adjustments with Gamblor. If they are unable to help me, I can contact you if you'd like, or I can wait until the event, as I don't want to burden anyone. If I don't end up hearing about the Fence closer to the game, is Matt W. still in charge OOG? IF so, I can reach out to him, or I can wait until the event.

In Service of Lady Luck,
Vassal of Drega'Mire,
-Gamblor

[hr]
[OOG - Chris Camburn]
“Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it.”
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
07 May 2015 12:56 #9 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic Returning Character - Might as well be new
Wow this is a blast from the past i think i was what...14...15 when you were still around... if no one has gotten in touch with you yet i will find someone to give you information on the fence...

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
  • Gamblor
07 May 2015 15:36 #10 by Gamblor (Gamblor)
Replied by Gamblor (Gamblor) on topic Returning Character - Might as well be new
Hey Magnus, I remember you. And no, no one yet, but this isn't for the May event, it's for the Week in the Life, so there's still time. Worse comes to worse I'll ask around when I get there Friday.

In Service of Lady Luck,
Vassal of Drega'Mire,
-Gamblor

[hr]
[OOG - Chris Camburn]
  • Dimetri Yhatzi
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Si khohaimo may pachivalo sar o chachimo
  • Thank Yous: 127
07 May 2015 23:26 #11 by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart)
Replied by Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart) on topic Returning Character - Might as well be new
PM sent in regards to Fence related activities.

Dimetri Yhatzi
Viceroy of Ostcliff
Druid of the Conclave.
Master Merchant and Locksmith, The Purple Thistle
Mashkar le gadjende leski shib si le Romeski zor

Damian VanHart - OOG
Marshal

"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune--they're all just ways of claiming your success without claiming your failures."
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.524 seconds