New Player on Body Points

06 May 2015 18:33 - 06 May 2015 18:34 #1 by Admiral Bread (Admiral Bread)
New Player on Body Points was created by Admiral Bread (Admiral Bread)
How does body? The formula seems straightforward enough, with the first 15 as a 2-1 ratio as a Kormyrians, but then there's the whole part about melee skills increasing your body, and quite frankly I am utterly baffled and I feel like i'm missing some critical fact. Just a nice brief overview of how it works would be greatly appreciated, or maybe some specific citation in the core rulebook that i'm just blindly missing.

Thanks,

~Christopher St. Pierre
Last edit: 06 May 2015 18:34 by Admiral Bread (Admiral Bread).
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
06 May 2015 19:40 #2 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Re:New Player on Body Points
If you already have a character in the card system, it will show you a break down on how your body is calculated. If not, there is a post that describes which skills will aid/benefit in increasing your ratio while some skills will not help you.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
06 May 2015 21:34 #3 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Re:New Player on Body Points
Speaking as a New Player Marshal, I make a lot of cards and take care of that.

If you have a character in the care system like Paul said you can look it up.

If you are creating a character, don't worry too much about your BP Ratio to start with. Calculate it as every point put into body if you are a caster is 1 build for 1 body, rogues(most lists with fence) is 1 build for 2 body, and warrior types are 1 build for 3 body. It will give you an approximate number around where you would be until a New Player Marshal can create a card in the database for you and get you your accurate body total.

As to the first 15 build into body it is your ration +1 so for example for your first 15 build into a warrior's body, your would get 1 build for 4 body, once you are at the 16-30 mark it goes to 1 build for 3 as normal.

Hope this helped.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
06 May 2015 21:42 #4 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic New Player on Body Points
There is also a cheat sheet when you get your character on the "Explain my Body Total" page that will let you play around with your body score. This might help you decide if you want to spend another 10 build to get those 2 parries (3.0 ratio skills) or to get 10 more magic points (1.0 ratio skills)

The bottom line is this though -- the more Figher Like you are built the more your body ratio will approach 3. The more caster like the closer to 1 it will go. Rogue stuff is generally in the 2 area -- so if you are a Rogue/Caster you can expect a 1.5 ratio -- a Fighter/Rogue would be more like a 2.5 and a Fighter/Caster or Fighter/Caster/Rogue would be around 2

In the end you should build the character you want to play and the body ratio will end up where it ends up.

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
07 May 2015 07:30 - 07 May 2015 07:30 #5 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Re:New Player on Body Points
My advice as a fellow player is you can't go wrong with 15 build into body... Even the weakest (cough me cough) get 30 body out of it.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
Last edit: 07 May 2015 07:30 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.490 seconds