new player attending this weekend's event!

11 May 2015 13:58 #1 by Smagus Blackwater (Smagus)
new player attending this weekend's event! was created by Smagus Blackwater (Smagus)
Hey everyone,

I've made a few posts with questions before, and I'm pretty sure I have a handle on the items I need to bring, and the skills/character I want to play. I've got to put a few more hours into my gear before the weekend, but I'm extremely happy with the look so far (and I hope you guys will be too!). I've read the rulebook and many of the recommendations for items to bring (socks!! food! water!)

I just had a few more questions, and I might have overlooked the answers on the site somewhere. I like to be as prepared as I possibly can, and I don't want to be distracted by stuff that I can get done before I get there!

1) Do I need to contact anyone with information / check in before the event or just show up?
2) Is cash ok for the associated gameplay fees or check only?
3) Are there any forms or information I should fill out before I come to the game? I saw the insurance waiver for example, so I would imagine I can get that taken care of before I show up - what else is absolutely essential for my first game in terms of paperwork?
4) I have a backstory for the character worked out, does this need to be submitted before first game?
5) What time should I arrive to the site as a brand new player?

OOG - Anthony Smeragliuolo
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
11 May 2015 15:58 #2 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Re:new player attending this weekend's event!
1. Just show up with a smile.
2. Cash is OK. James will be happy to take cash.
3. I'll leave the insurance info to someone else to answer. If you have a basic outline with your character concept, please have it ready/printed out for expediency.
4. There's an email address to submit your character background. If you do submit it, just be patient for confirmation and review.
5. Since we share the camp, best time to arrive is after 5 pm.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
11 May 2015 20:11 #3 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic new player attending this weekend's event!
Hi, Anthony!

Smagus wrote: 1) Do I need to contact anyone with information / check in before the event or just show up?

Just show up. If there is any medical info that you feel like someone needs to know, ask for a Safety Marshal and fill them in. Otherwise, what kind of information did you have in mind?

2) Is cash ok for the associated gameplay fees or check only?

Cash works. I've never seen anyone pay with a check before, but I'm sure James would accept it. Be sure to ask first.

3) Are there any forms or information I should fill out before I come to the game? I saw the insurance waiver for example, so I would imagine I can get that taken care of before I show up - what else is absolutely essential for my first game in terms of paperwork?

Aside from the insurance waiver (which is for minors), while not absolutely essential, if you know which race and class you're going to play and maybe some of the skills you know you want your character to start with, as Paul said above, it would help to write/type up a sheet with that information on it. It will help the New Player Marshal--which could be me!--help you get your character created that much quicker.

4) I have a backstory for the character worked out, does this need to be submitted before first game?

Nope! It's funny, I didn't have my own back story submitted until a few months ago and I've been playing for close to two years. In the Cards System (Cards.KnightRealms.com), after logging in, there's a section called "Character Chronicle" where you can submit your backstory for review. You'd only need to worry about having your backstory approved before game if there is something special or extraordinary about your character, like that he's royalty somewhere.

5) What time should I arrive to the site as a brand new player?

Like Paul said above, after 5:00 p.m. is best. The camp is shared with the Girl Scouts and even though most of the time, it's fine if you arrive at whatever time on Friday of the event, in general you should probably arrive around 5:00.

See you on Friday!

-Jeff

• Amilia Tolunda
  • Artist, Writer, Gamer
  • Thank Yous: 97
12 May 2015 16:06 #4 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi)
Replied by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi) on topic new player attending this weekend's event!
Because I've done it, James does take personal checks. I'm pretty sure it was written out to 'Knight Realms', but if possible just leave it all blank until you get up to pay and James can give you all the info at the logistics counter. I believe he directly needs to take checks for depositing purposes at check in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amilia Tolunda - Romani - Healer
Aimee "Whisper" Whisperleaf - Dryad - Druid - Bard
Maive Lusterwryn - Londwyn - Alchemist

OOG: Julie Anne B
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.474 seconds