New Player with questions

16 May 2015 15:20 - 16 May 2015 15:36 #1 by Luke Sevenson (Dr. Lucas Sevenson)
New Player with questions was created by Luke Sevenson (Dr. Lucas Sevenson)
Hi everyone,

I just joined the community, and I am hoping to attend my first event in either June or July with some of my friends. I've read some of the other posts on the forum, as well as the rulebook pdf, so I have a good understanding of the game and its mechanics.

What I'm looking for is some character advice. It is my desire to be a (preferably) Londwynian physician--does anyone have any advice regarding how to properly portray this race and profession, including what props or physreps I should bring?

Thank you for your help, and I can't wait to start LARPing at KR.

Blaine H.
Last edit: 16 May 2015 15:36 by Luke Sevenson (Dr. Lucas Sevenson).
16 May 2015 18:30 #2 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic New Player with questions
Welcome to Knight Realms. A large number of our players are at the May event at the moment but after the weekend is done I am sure you will be flooded with welcome messages and ideas for Londwynian Physicians.

My basic suggestions are -- vests, hats, and some kind of medical bag. Fabric rolled up to look like bandages. Bottles for potions. Some kind of small knife for dissecting. (Some people use throwing knife physreps for this even though they don't have cores, because they are a good size)

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
19 May 2015 13:59 #3 by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes)
Replied by Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes) on topic New Player with questions
Hi Blaine! I'm Chris, resident Roleplay Marshal and fellow Londwyn. If you'd like message me on the boards here, and I can help give you some decent pointers on playing the race and class. There are several people in game who play Londwyn Physicians, so you'll be in good company and have a bunch of people who will be more than happy to help give suggestions for rp.

"What do you take me for? Some kind of big damn hero?"
Sergei Petsho, Voivode and Steward of Inovar, Owner and Masseur Extraordinaire of Magic Hands Massage.

"What, it's for my research, I swear!"
Nigel Whitworth, Gentleman Apothecary

"Here, kid, suck on this and shut up for a while."
Aengus MacAengus Hesperus, Professional Old Person

OOG: Chris Zipeto
Storyteller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
25 May 2015 16:39 #4 by Luke Sevenson (Dr. Lucas Sevenson)
Replied by Luke Sevenson (Dr. Lucas Sevenson) on topic New Player with questions
Hello, everyone,

I apologize for the delay in my reply, but school has been getting in the way recently, and I've only now found a break in the memorial day festivities.

Here is what I know so far with regard to my character:

1. As a Londwynian, science and logic come first, magic fifth, and divine power tenth ( if at all)

as of now, I am looking for advice on how to role-play a physician, as well as how my race and profession could synergize (can my profession benefit from my race's predisposition toward intelligence, etc.)?

Thank you for your assistance,

Blaine H.
25 May 2015 18:49 - 25 May 2015 18:49 #5 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
Replied by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf) on topic New Player with questions
Hi Blaine,

I'm Jeremy, and I play a Londwyn Physician as my alt character. The class and race fit together perfectly because Londwyns are a practical people that seek innovation and improvement above all else. This doesn't mean that magic is discounted. Magic is just another thing to be studied and understood.

A profession is just a list of what a character can do. A character with the physician could be a war medic, a mad scientist, a professor, or whatever you envision. It is up to you to come up with whatever.

One important thing, Londwynians are not steampunk! They are based after Colonial and Victorian England, not Jules Vernian style Science Fiction. Some classes, like alchemist and smith, would need them for their work but they are not a form of fashion for Londwyns.

If you have any questions, hit me up on Facebook or on the boards here!

Kanas Silverfang

OOG: Jeremy Schwartz
Last edit: 25 May 2015 18:49 by Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf).
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.496 seconds