Help!

16 Jun 2015 00:20 #1 by alex.moscote (alex moscote)
Help! was created by alex.moscote (alex moscote)
I am a 17 year old kid who's always wanted to try to LARP but had little to no resources. i am older now and i have the money to go im just not sure what is needed i have no costume and i have no weapons can i buy weapons and costume there or can someone tell me an easy way to make a costume i certainly want to try this, but not until all my questions are answered!
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
16 Jun 2015 00:33 - 16 Jun 2015 00:33 #2 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Help!
Welcome to Knight Realms! I'm Matt, one of the New Player Marshals here. You can learn a little bit regarding a few of the forum policies here, most important of which is adding your real life name to you signature. Doesn't have to be your full name, just at least your first. Forum rules

There's also this part of the website, which will give you the quick run down on most of your upcoming questions. New Player Information

As far as costuming and weapons go, there are plenty of people here that can make them for you, as well as a couple vendors here at the game. Not to mention the vast majority of links listed here : Web Links

If you have any questions regarding character creation, what to bring, role play, anything at all, let us know and we can help you out. Again, welcome to the game!

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
Last edit: 16 Jun 2015 00:33 by Matt D (MattD).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
16 Jun 2015 16:02 #3 by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
Replied by Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay) on topic Help!
Hello there, I'm May, welcome to our mad little family! I can tell you that one of the best local resources for things to use as garb is actually any goodwills or other thrift shops around you. I can't tell you the number of things I picked up from there, whether complete garments in and of themselves, pieces that needed just a touch of adaption, or sets of sheets or curtains that I fortunately know how to sew into garb.
For weaponry, if you want to keep it thrifty as well, there are plenty of tutorials around the interned to make your own boffers. The rulebook will have the basic guideline of how padded these weapons should be overall, too.

Dame Clytie Silverfang, the Pegasus
Knight of Travance
Master of the Mage's Guild

OOG- May Leonard
Kitchen Staff
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
17 Jun 2015 08:29 #4 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic Help!
Hi I'm Matt, one of the new player marshals at the game. If you need help looking for costuming I may have a shirt or something you can borrow, feel free to shoot me a PM and i will see what i can do.

Also if you have any questions feel free to ask

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
17 Jun 2015 11:47 - 17 Jun 2015 11:48 #5 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Help!
Hi, Alex! I'm Jeff, another New Player Marshal. Don't worry too much about your garb right now. This was me at my first event two years ago, and I borrowed every piece of it.

The white scrubs were from one friend, the belt from another, and the sword is from Logistics. You are allowed to borrow weapons at game, provided you ask permission and they give you the okay.

Needless to say, I don't wear that costume anymore, and your own costume will improve with time. For your first couple events, have fun and get a feel for the game.

If you have any questions, like Matt said, feel free to post. We look forward to seeing you at game.

Last edit: 17 Jun 2015 11:48 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.456 seconds