some questions from a (i hope) new player

04 Sep 2015 21:47 #1 by Valeria Di Chiaro (Helaune)
some questions from a (i hope) new player was created by Valeria Di Chiaro (Helaune)
hello i'm Valeria, italian larp player, not very good in resolving plot but always ready for adventure !
i would like to ask if there is a possibility for me and my fiance to play NPcharacters in a future live ( we hope the one in september) , to become familiar with the association, the trouble is that we could need two very simple characters because we are not prepared with the procedure , rules and the setting (and there could be not much time to prepare our selves).
about me, i have some medieval and arab costumes and i'm able to play lute and tambourine and sing medieval and celtic repertory, if it is needed i could also dance.
If it is not possibile, we could play PC ;)
I would also ask, where the live will be played ???
thank you !

Valeria Luna Di Chiaro
"Oh! How far you are from home

Mornie utulie
Believe and you will find your way."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
04 Sep 2015 21:54 #2 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic some questions from a (i hope) new player
Hello, my name is Conor Peckham. I'm a New Player Marshal here.

First, welcome to KnightRealms! Second for NPCing, you stay in Logistics for the entire weekend (beyond sleeping of course) and go out as misc things that the Monster Marshal wants to send out. They can vary from Bandits, to Goblins, to really weird things like Homunculi(which are a group of things we've been facing recently). When you need to sleep or eat, you let the Monster Marshal know and they'll let you go to do that.

Sleeping wise, we have a barn area where you can sleep, or a lot of tents around the camp if you would like to do that.

As to the location of the camp, it's Camp Sacajawea in Sparta, New Jersey.

Any other questions feel free to post here, I'm sure others will be saying hello real soon.

Can't wait to see you there!

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
04 Sep 2015 22:55 #3 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic some questions from a (i hope) new player
Hello again! Welcome aboard.

In your post on Facebook, you mentioned problems with English -- it is an incredibly strange language, and I've been speaking it almost my whole life. Don't worry about it too much. For the most part, people will hear you speak and just assume that you're a good role-player. Having been shy until somewhat recently, I can relate. When I would be around other people, it made me feel like I was from another planet.

The decision of whether to NPC or PC is up to you, but personally I would PC. While NPCing gives you a feel for the basics, I feel like having your own character gives you access to so much more that the game has to offer.

The rulebook is vast and overwhelming at times, and even now they're working out the kinks. Sometimes, we have our own questions about the rules, even after playing for several years.
www.knightrealms.com/documents/rulebook/...s-rulebook-core.html

As Conor said, please ask any questions you have and we'll do our best to answer them.

-Jeff

The following user(s) said Thank You: Valeria Di Chiaro (Helaune)
04 Sep 2015 23:45 #4 by Valeria Di Chiaro (Helaune)
Replied by Valeria Di Chiaro (Helaune) on topic some questions from a (i hope) new player
Thank you very much Nalick and Conor!!
So it will be a live of more days?
In case, is it possibile to partecipate just for one day?
It is because we have some obligations with our work
I hope we can fix everything ;)
thanks a lot :)

Valeria Luna Di Chiaro

Mornie utulie
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
04 Sep 2015 23:49 #5 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic some questions from a (i hope) new player
Feel free to come to the event for a few hours, or LARP for the whole weekend.

If you are NPCing then it is no charge either way.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Valeria Di Chiaro (Helaune)
06 Sep 2015 15:54 #6 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic some questions from a (i hope) new player
Most of our events are from Friday night to Sunday ealy afternoon. However, there are many people who just attend for a limited time.

Jeff (Nalick)'s assessment of NPCing verse PCing is dead on. While NPCing gives you a feel for all the aspects of the rules, PCing give you a feel for the atmosphere of the game without needing to learn all the rules.

Jeff and Connor and all of our New Player marshals are wonderful, so please use them as a resource.

-OOG Michael Smith
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Valeria Di Chiaro (Helaune)
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
08 Sep 2015 10:25 #7 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic some questions from a (i hope) new player
Hi I'm Matthew, I'm both one of the new player marshals, and as luck would have it the story teller running the event, if you and your fiance wind up showing up for a few hours (or the whole event) seek me out I'll attempt to send you guys out as a few roles that will help get a feel for the setting.

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
11 Sep 2015 18:36 #8 by Valeria Di Chiaro (Helaune)
Replied by Valeria Di Chiaro (Helaune) on topic some questions from a (i hope) new player
i thanks everyone but i think finally we couldn't come to play because we are busy with work. maybe we could come sunday morning, in this case could we take a look of the playing or play just for few hour that day? it will be great to us
thanks again, i hope better for the next time

Valeria Luna Di Chiaro

Mornie utulie
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
11 Sep 2015 19:39 #9 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic some questions from a (i hope) new player
Valeria,

James Kimball, the director, said that would be fine! See you guys on Sunday if you can make it!

--Jeff

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.533 seconds