New Player for the October Event?

21 Sep 2015 00:36 #1 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
New Player for the October Event? was created by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Hey, I just wanted to post and say hello! Provided nothing gets in the way my first event will be the October event in 2 weeks. I'm still working on getting all of my costume together but just about everything is ready to go (got kind of a scrub costume together, improvements are forthcoming when money permits). I think everything about my character is set. Got a backstory an everything! I've never really played D&D (Though i enjoy watching it on youtube haha) nor have i LARP'd before so this is entirely new to me.

I was invited by a friend (finally after years of invites I've decided to give it a shot haha) so I've got someone helping me out with the rules and such. I'm both nervous and excited to jump in. I love making cosplay props (im a total amateur) and such so i thought this would be a great way to get regular use out of some outfit pieces or just allow me to make more props and things. I bake sometimes too, so maybe you may see some cookies in the future!?

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
21 Sep 2015 00:41 #2 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic New Player for the October Event?
Hey Nick! My name's Conor and I am a New Player Marshal. Welcome to Knight Realms!!

Any questions feel free to post here.

See you next event!!

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
21 Sep 2015 11:24 #3 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic New Player for the October Event?
Hi, Nick!

Cookies or other baked goods are a great way to make friends -- or possibly make a baddie have a change of heart. Keep that in mind!

I'm Jeff, another New Player Marshal. I've been playing for a little over two years and I'm still making improvements to my costuming. It's a gradual process, so if you don't look like you walked straight out of 12th century Europe, don't worry about it. Also, if you're on Facebook, check out the "Knight Realms Costumers Forum." People ask questions, share tips and videos, etc. about garb and props. It may be right up your alley.

Back before I started, I had a similar experience. Every week for a couple months before I came to game, two of my friends would tell me stories about their adventures. Like you, I hadn't played D&D or gone to a LARP before coming here, but eventually I relented and I've been coming ever since.

We'll see you soon.

-Jeff

• Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
21 Sep 2015 13:20 #4 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic New Player for the October Event?
Hub I'm Matt, anther new player marshal. I'd you need anything just ask

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
  • Dethie Blackeby
  • Ná bac le cúraimí na ndragan, ós briosc atá tú agus fíorbhlasta le h-anlann trátaí!
  • Thank Yous: 37
21 Sep 2015 14:23 #5 by Dethie Blackeby (DethieBlackeby)
Replied by Dethie Blackeby (DethieBlackeby) on topic New Player for the October Event?
Hi Nick! October will be my third event, and this is the first LARP I've been involved with (pretty much just did the NY Ren Faire before this). It's a really good time and most people are pretty patient with the noobs :) Nalick was the one who helped me check in my character at my first event and he's ok, I guess... Will be happy to help if I can should our paths cross!

IG: Dethie Blackeby
Vassal of Kaladonia
OOG: Merideth P.... or you can still call me Dethie :)
21 Sep 2015 20:48 #6 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic New Player for the October Event?
Yea I totally get it's going to be an ongoing project to improve my costume. Being strapped for cash and not knowing if LARPing is for me, I kept kind of to the basics necessary to play my race and profession. I think i will enjoy LARPing though. Once I get to go and see some of the other outfits I will be able to improve on mine. (and when my money tree finally grows hahaha)

To comment on the cookies, I have heard my cookies are pretty good. I can't promise I can cleanse the land of evil, but i will surely try!

Thanks for all the help guys. If i have any questions I'll be sure to ask!

Ser Oacenth Nesterin

Player Rep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
21 Sep 2015 23:56 #7 by Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
Replied by Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn) on topic New Player for the October Event?
Hey, welcome! Always awesome to see new blood come to town. Definitely ask questions that you might have on character creation or aesthetics; the whole crew of storytellers and staff are incredible here and would love to help you on your way. And if you're struggling to get into character or become immersed immediately after arriving, don't worry, something will pull you in plenty quick! If not, just find me or one of my Tanwyn brothers (the flamboyant romani). We make it a point to help out new players on an in-game level.

Tanwyn, Cael

"We align the stars."
Head of the Tanwyn Familia

OOG: Nic White
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
22 Sep 2015 03:04 - 22 Sep 2015 03:04 #8 by Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday)
Replied by Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday) on topic New Player for the October Event?
Welcome to Travance, Nick!
KR's got a big soft spot carved out of their heart for new players. There's specific mods that go out for new players, and definitely keep an ear out for the Adventurer's Guild. The marshals on board'll treat you like gold.

You're so lucky.
If I could re-live a first event at KR over and over ad nauseam, you bet your stars I'd do it.
Bring socks, an imposing jacket and extra everything in case stuff gets wet.

**☠☠☠☠CAPTAIN☠☠☠☠** Collin Hayes
(Former) Captain of the King of Herrings
[hr][OOG: Morgan]
Last edit: 22 Sep 2015 03:04 by Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
22 Sep 2015 10:36 #9 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic New Player for the October Event?
Haha nothing says immersion like a bunch of flamboyant gypsies

Ser Oacenth Nesterin

Player Rep
22 Sep 2015 12:15 #10 by Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday)
Replied by Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday) on topic New Player for the October Event?
They're like a colorful flock of coin-coveting parrots. You're in for a treat.

**☠☠☠☠CAPTAIN☠☠☠☠** Collin Hayes
(Former) Captain of the King of Herrings
[hr][OOG: Morgan]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
22 Sep 2015 12:54 #11 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic New Player for the October Event?

Dethie Blackeby wrote: Nalick was the one who helped me check in my character at my first event and he's ok, I guess...

Gee, thanks! :P

Nick C. wrote: To comment on the cookies, I have heard my cookies are pretty good. I can't promise I can cleanse the land of evil, but i will surely try!

If you do bring some, I may become one of your biggest customers -- in more ways than one!

Thanks for all the help guys. If i have any questions I'll be sure to ask!

It's what we're here for.

• Dethie Blackeby
  • Ná bac le cúraimí na ndragan, ós briosc atá tú agus fíorbhlasta le h-anlann trátaí!
  • Thank Yous: 37
22 Sep 2015 12:59 #12 by Dethie Blackeby (DethieBlackeby)
Replied by Dethie Blackeby (DethieBlackeby) on topic New Player for the October Event?

Nalick wrote:

Dethie Blackeby wrote: Nalick was the one who helped me check in my character at my first event and he's ok, I guess...

Gee, thanks! :P

;)

IG: Dethie Blackeby
Vassal of Kaladonia
OOG: Merideth P.... or you can still call me Dethie :)
22 Sep 2015 17:22 #13 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
Replied by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample) on topic New Player for the October Event?
Become a Valosian and you'll have access to cookies that can cleanse the land of evil.

[hr]

OOG: DJ (She/her)
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
23 Sep 2015 03:24 #14 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic New Player for the October Event?

Nick C. wrote: Haha nothing says [strike]immersion[/strike] "monster bait" like a bunch of flamboyant gypsies

Fixed that for you. ;)

Oh, and welcome aboard. Hope you have fun at the game.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn), O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
28 Sep 2015 21:57 #15 by Jim Warrington (Mechinik)
Replied by Jim Warrington (Mechinik) on topic New Player for the October Event?
Did someone say Cookies for the new players??? lol It will also be my 2d event there.

Brannoc Sinclair
Jim W-
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.651 seconds