New Player- Need Help Making a Character and Friends!

31 Jan 2016 16:46 - 31 Jan 2016 16:47 #1 by CataclysmGG (CataclysmGG)
New Player- Need Help Making a Character and Friends! was created by CataclysmGG (CataclysmGG)
Hi my name is Zack I'm from upstate New York and will be attending my first KR event in March. I have no formal LARP experience other than some backyard duels. As the title implies I need some help with creating a character and would like to make some friends as I'll be attending this event alone. I have a very basic concept of the kind of character I would like to create, Ideally I would want to create a human fighter and have some what of a Nordic background. If someone could help me out with making my character that would be rad. Thanks in advance.

Zack Nick
Last edit: 31 Jan 2016 16:47 by CataclysmGG (CataclysmGG).
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
31 Jan 2016 18:34 #2 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic New Player- Need Help Making a Character and Friends!
Hey Zack, my name's Conor and I'm a New Player Marshal. Welcome to Knight Realms. Send me a PM with your idea, we can chat here or there.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
31 Jan 2016 18:56 #3 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic New Player- Need Help Making a Character and Friends!
Hi, Zack!

I'm also a New Player Marshal. At Knight Realms, there are a couple ways of making friends, but necromancy is generally frowned upon! Seriously, though, there's a friendly atmosphere here and you shouldn't have any issues.

If you need a second opinion, let me know either with a PM here or shoot me a message on Facebook.

-Jeff

03 Feb 2016 00:51 #4 by O. Nesterin (kuemanner)
Replied by O. Nesterin (kuemanner) on topic New Player- Need Help Making a Character and Friends!
I'm not a marshal but I am still somewhat new to KR. Feel free to approach me in game and hang out! If you have any concerns in game and you can't find the appropriate marshal I will do what I can to help you out! You're welcome to hang out with me for as long or as little as you like. Since I'm still pretty new the things I'm doing will be within reason for you as well.

Ser Oacenth Nesterin
Knight Advisor of Alisandria
Dragoon of House Melebrine

OOG: Nick Culberson
Player Rep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
04 Feb 2016 12:22 #5 by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
Replied by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist) on topic New Player- Need Help Making a Character and Friends!
Not a NPM, but a relatively new player myself. The best way to make quick friends is to attend the Adventure's Guild missions that will be happening throughout the weekend. Seek me out some time in the February event if you would be interested in joining the Baronial Guard or just want to go out "treasure" hunting. I am also one of the few active players who favor a bastard edge weapon, so let me know if you ever want to go that route.

~ Joe G.

The Insightful, Knight of Pendarvin
OOG: Joe Glaser | Marshal
  • Amilia Tolunda
  • Artist, Writer, Gamer
  • Thank Yous: 97
05 Feb 2016 14:59 #6 by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi)
Replied by Amilia Tolunda (AmyTenchi) on topic New Player- Need Help Making a Character and Friends!
I've just passed my one year mark myself, and I'll say if you're willing to be in the inn at odd hours of the day and night, you'll make great friends.

I second both bringing snacks/baked goods, as well as hitting up the Adventurer's Guild missions. Heck, if you want to go out and look for trouble, sometimes there is a group going around and doing just that, or you can ask a group of people 'hey, do you want to go scouting/hunting?' As a healer personally, this seems to work well.

I'm afraid I won't be at the February event much, but I'm usually pretty approachable!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amilia Tolunda - Romani - Healer
Aimee "Whisper" Whisperleaf - Dryad - Druid - Bard
Maive Lusterwryn - Londwyn - Alchemist

OOG: Julie Anne B
05 Feb 2016 17:44 #7 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic New Player- Need Help Making a Character and Friends!
While it's not for everyone, attending in game masses (or other religious gatherings) is often a great way to get involved with people.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
06 Feb 2016 07:56 #8 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
Replied by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample) on topic New Player- Need Help Making a Character and Friends!
Your first night, at midnight, should be spent in Kaladonia hearing Caldor's mass. It's just a fact.

[hr]

OOG: DJ (She/her)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
09 Feb 2016 09:15 #9 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic New Player- Need Help Making a Character and Friends!
Hi, I'm matt, one of the new player marshals, feel free to reach out to me with any questions. Or if you just would like some character ties.

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.533 seconds