New Characters in March Event - How do we get to the Isle Amanthyre and Why?

• Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
26 Feb 2016 00:25 #1 by Mantel (sigma-j)
I've been to one event previously as a PC, but used my rewrite to effectively table my original character concept, perhaps for an Alt later on down the line, or an NPC, depending on how others wish to his him.

However.

I am bringing an entirely new character to the March Event and I'd like some basic context regarding why I end up in Amanthyre with everyone else. Am I conscripted upon my arrival just before the voyage (meaning I arrive in Travance either tonight or later this morning)? Am I conceivably allowed to tag along? Am I stupid enough to stow-away on the wrong ship?

Thank you for the help, and I can't wait to see you all in 1 week's time.

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
26 Feb 2016 00:32 - 26 Feb 2016 12:11 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Technically, you're not required to come (EDIT: But as Drew says below, if you're at the event, you're on the boat.)

Subjects of Travance,

All available, able-bodied Nobility, officers, officials of Travance, and vassals who have sworn fealty to a Lord of Travance are hereby ordered to gather their equipment and supplies, and make way to Port Valandra in Drege'mire by no later than Friday evening, February 26th, 1216.

The Barony has come to know the location of the Isle of Amanthyre; the suspected location of where Fiona sleeps. Our very existence and the existence of all beings of this world rests in hopes of successfully locating Amanthyre and ascertaining the information needed to rid this world of the Null once and for all. This is no mere adventure or campaign for glory. This is a journey to ensure our survival.

All would-be adventurers are further welcome to volunteer aid in this endeavor, and should also make haste to Port Valandra. Report in to the Warlord, the Lord Admiral, or their designee upon arriving for placement and assignment.

If all goes as planned, we will arrive at Amanthyre after approximately a week's time at sea. Based on the charted location, rough seas are expected. Once we drop anchor we will immediately make our way to shore and begin to create a temporary base camp at the instruction of the Warlord and Nobility. Upon Baronial Decree, no one is to venture out into the island outside of base camp without explicit instructions from myself or the Warlord. Preliminary reports show that the island is extremely dangerous, and we cannot risk having to dedicate resources to a rescue attempt due to brazen heroics.

I thank all those would boldly come forward for this venture. We do this, not for ourselves, but for all those who cannot do so for themselves.

Pax in Virtute

By my will proclaimed,
Victor Sylus, Baron of Travance

One of the great things about larping is making it up as you go along, so if you want to come, make up a reason why your character chose to hop aboard a boat to a strange Isle.

Last edit: 26 Feb 2016 12:11 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Gabriel Chance
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The guy who does the things
  • Thank Yous: 265
26 Feb 2016 12:03 #3 by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor)
Just as a heads up. Showing up to the event is the equivalent of chosing to come along, there isn't a way to attend and not be on the isle. As for why you are there any of your ideas could feasibly work for how a new person tagged along. It's real easy to say you had just arrived at the ports. Saw stuff was happening and decided 'hey, that looks like a thing to do so let's do it!' And hopped right on one of the ships with other people.

Gabriel Chance
High Arcanist of Drega'mire
Binder of the Vestige Argolarium the Bound King

OOG:Drew Benton
Officer
Story Teller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Don-Clad (Door-Mat), Mantel (sigma-j), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
26 Feb 2016 17:28 #4 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Awesome! Thank you guys, I just wanted to make sure I had choice in the matter. It's important!

See you at the docks.

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Gabriel Chance
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The guy who does the things
  • Thank Yous: 265
28 Feb 2016 21:25 #5 by Gabriel Chance (Kiellor)
Looking forward to it!

Gabriel Chance
High Arcanist of Drega'mire
Binder of the Vestige Argolarium the Bound King

OOG:Drew Benton
Officer
Story Teller
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.516 seconds