New Player - Probably seeing you all in August!

• Max Woods
  • Thank Yous: 2
25 Jul 2016 15:20 #1 by Max Woods (Emstylauzer)
New Player - Probably seeing you all in August! was created by Max Woods (Emstylauzer)
Hey! My friend Finn Johns referred me saying how fun it was to LARP and I wanted to check it out! I'll be playing either my Satyr/Faun or Orc.

First, about my satyr/faun: Can I make her/them have white fur? I already have white fur fabric left over from another cosplay project and was wondering if white was a generally okay satyr/faun color before I start putting the legs/ears together.

Second question being whether or not/when I can post artwork I've done? Being an artist I loved seeing that there's a Fan Art section here on the site.

Lastly, I wanted to know how LGBTQ+ friendly it is here in the community? That being one of my biggest fears when getting into the game and community.

Max Woods
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
25 Jul 2016 16:20 - 25 Jul 2016 16:25 #2 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic New Player - Probably seeing you all in August!
Hey Max! I'm Jusden. I'm not a marshal of any form, but I figured I'd get a quick answer in for you. I can't speak on the question regarding Satyr appearance, but there should be an Atmosphere Marshal coming along shortly to respond accurately.

I'm not the best to ask the second question, but I know several people who regularly submit fan art. It's a big part of our community, and I'm sure someone will be along to explain how that works.

On your third question, however... One of my best friends at game (And, out-of-game (OOG)) is openly trans, and goes by several names related to that proud status. When she came out, she was embraced with just as open arms as she was when she came out for her very first event, and has been since then and will be beyond. One of another of my favorite people at game is openly gay. I'm sure there are plenty others as well! We are often more of a family than a community, in my opinion, and I'm sure many others would agree with me, and have said so countless times before. Come LARP with us: we've all got a reason to feel uncomfortable somewhere, somewhen, somehow, but you can rest assured that that somewhere, somewhen, and somehow is not at Camp Sacagawea, and especially not at KR.

I'm really looking forward to meeting you! I may be missing the August event, but nonetheless, please, enjoy your first game! I'm sure there are plenty of Satyr players out there just itching to meet you, and I, another Faeriekin player (Sylph!), can totally agree!

See you in three weeks, maybe!

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
Last edit: 25 Jul 2016 16:25 by Mantel (sigma-j).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Max Woods (Emstylauzer)
25 Jul 2016 16:36 #3 by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample)
Replied by Belketra Folles (pleasantexample) on topic New Player - Probably seeing you all in August!
As the trans friend that Jusden is talking about, I can assure you: there will be dire consequences should someone give you grief over LGBTQIA+ matters. IG (In-game), I will cut them down. OOG, I will ensure their punishment. Many valued members of the community fit in that acronym somewhere - some who have been coming for years upon years and have some of the strongest characters around, both in combat and status!

I invite you to message me on Facebook - look for Derek Jo Lannister.

[hr]

OOG: DJ (She/her)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Max Woods (Emstylauzer)
25 Jul 2016 17:17 #4 by Corson Vrill (Corson)
Replied by Corson Vrill (Corson) on topic New Player - Probably seeing you all in August!
The diversity of this games player base is one of the top reasons I love it. From the experiences I've had I can confidently say you have nothing to worry about, and will have a great time.

(Salvatore G.) "It's the beauty, not the ugly, that hurts the most."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j), Max Woods (Emstylauzer)
  • Max Woods
  • Thank Yous: 2
25 Jul 2016 20:23 #5 by Max Woods (Emstylauzer)
Replied by Max Woods (Emstylauzer) on topic New Player - Probably seeing you all in August!
Thank you for the LGBTQIA+ info everyone! Now hopefully I can see whether I can be a white satyr/faun. (Which I honestly think should be fine due to there being white goats in existence so why not Satyrs?)

Max Woods
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
26 Jul 2016 03:39 #6 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic New Player - Probably seeing you all in August!
Hey, Max!

How are ya? I'm Jeff, one of the New Player Marshals here. White fur is perfectly fine for a Satyr and I'm looking forward to see what you cook up!

With regard to Fan Art, unless someone else chimes in before I get an answer, I'll poke a few people and see what they say.

The community is friendly and welcoming to all comers. We'd be glad to have you!

If you have more questions, feel free to post away!

-Jeff

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Max Woods (Emstylauzer)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.511 seconds