Crafting My Character

• Grumpy
  • May be appeased with kittens.
  • Thank Yous: 64
16 Sep 2016 07:22 - 16 Sep 2016 07:56 #1 by Grumpy (Bookwyrm)
Crafting My Character was created by Grumpy (Bookwyrm)
I decided to branch off from the other topic I created, since it's no longer just about NPCing. I still plan to do one weekend as an NPC to get a feel for things, possibly more, but I want to collect stuff for my character in case I decide to commit to the game.

I've been browsing through the forums and the Baronial Library, but I haven't found anything that looks like the answer to something for my backstory. Without going into detail (as I've noticed that's discouraged online), one possibility that's come up involves politics. Is there a nation or city state in the world where a bloody coup happened in the last couple of decades?

I know that a backstory has to be approved before it can be acted upon; but how detailed and involved can they normally get? I don't want to get too elaborate and step on a storyteller's toes.

Edit: Also, when learning new spells and recipes, is it necessary to find someone to teach that specific spell or recipe?

Main: Grigori the grumpy healer, adopted member of the Tribe of Berk, adviser to Chief Darius Redmaw.
Alt: Dorian White, physician and alchemist for hire.
Alt: Ruy Sanchez de Castor y Ortiz, the best swordsman in all of Coast Haven!

OOC: Matthew Bowman
Science fiction and fantasy editor, longtime tabletop GM, newbie KR player.
Last edit: 16 Sep 2016 07:56 by Grumpy (Bookwyrm). Reason: Added a question.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds