A few questions

11 Jan 2017 16:49 #1 by Brian Malone (MadLarkin)
A few questions was created by Brian Malone (MadLarkin)
Haven't been around in a long while. Got to NPC 2-3 times and had a blast then RL kicked in.

Looking to get back to the game with a group of friends coming with me to NPC a few times and then kick in with PC's. Was thinking about coming in as a starting Mercenary Company and growing from there. Including cool contract phyreps and a business like attitude. How feasible is something like this? Haven't been around in a while and don't want to end up stepping on someone's toes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
11 Jan 2017 18:47 - 11 Jan 2017 22:25 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic A few questions
Hi, Brian!

I messaged the Atmosphere Deputy with your question and I'll either amend this post with their response or make a new one once I hear back from them.

Otherwise, I'm glad to hear you had a blast. If you or your friends have any other questions and you think I'd be able to help--or even if I personally couldn't--go ahead and post them here.

-Jeff

EDIT: Sorry for the delay! I just got home from work a little bit ago. Anywho, according to the Deputy, having the mercenary company = no problem! For your character to have underlings or minions is where backstory approval comes into play. Whenever you get your card made (and you can message myself or any other New Player Marshal to help you create one), you can submit a backstory for approval through the Character Chronicle feature.

Otherwise, recruiting for your organization will have to be done in-character!

Last edit: 11 Jan 2017 22:25 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
11 Jan 2017 22:55 #3 by Brian Malone (MadLarkin)
Replied by Brian Malone (MadLarkin) on topic A few questions
No worries, and awesome. Didn't think of having minions. Meant more as the friends I plan on bringing forming the company itself and recruiting the rest in game if there seemed to be interest in it. Good news though!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
17 Jan 2017 19:35 - 17 Jan 2017 19:36 #4 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic A few questions

Brian Malone wrote: No worries, and awesome. Didn't think of having minions. Meant more as the friends I plan on bringing forming the company itself and recruiting the rest in game if there seemed to be interest in it. Good news though!

You will find there is some interest in merc groups. How many feel on such groups is a mixed bag- but you will find this out.

From what I have been told, there have been many over the years in game and some members of them remain in play. To my knowledge, there are two major groups currently in game and quite a few independent sell-swords; no reason why there cannot be more....

...which should answer your question as to feasibility.

As a member of one of those groups, Welcome to the Pool!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Last edit: 17 Jan 2017 19:36 by JTinney (Swordsaint).
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.498 seconds