New player hopeful

• Jennifer
  • Thank Yous: 0
22 Feb 2017 00:51 #1 by Jennifer (Jennifer)
New player hopeful was created by Jennifer (Jennifer)
I finally worked up the courage to post here.

Hello, my name is Jennifer. I recently found LARP and have been wanting to try my hand at it. For about a week now I've been trying to familiarise myself with the rules. I'm going to try and NPC at an event around March or April but I don't know about having a PC yet.

-Jennifer D.

When everyone else is losing their heads, it is important to keep yours.
- Marie Antoinette
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
22 Feb 2017 03:01 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic New player hopeful
Hi, Jennifer!

I'm Jeff and I'm still familiarizing myself with the Rules about four years later. If you don't have them all memorized at your first event, it's okay. NPCing is a great way to get your foot in the door--as well as earning build for when you do make your own character.

If you have any questions about making and having a PC or anything else Knight Realms-related, I'd be happy to help. Either post a reply below or send me a PM here or on Facebook if you can find me.

Welcome aboard! Myself and other New Player Marshals (and assorted players) will be here if you need us.

-Jeff

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
22 Feb 2017 15:38 #3 by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn)
Replied by Captain Cade Tanwyn (Cade Tanwyn) on topic New player hopeful
Great to meet you Jen! The rules can be super daunting. I think it's always best if you have a vague notion of what you would want to play to then focus on that area. There's not a need to be looking at casting rules if you're planning on playing a rogue for instance. If you need to bounce ideas or have specific questions just post up here. Other New Player Marshels will jump right in.

I hope to see you at an event!

Co-founder Tanwyn Trading
Captain Cade Tanwyn of The Night Harrier
Author of the Pirate Accords founded in 1217

OOG: Andy, New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Kestrel
  • Thank Yous: 129
22 Feb 2017 21:56 #4 by Kestrel (Kestrel)
Replied by Kestrel (Kestrel) on topic New player hopeful
Hey Jen! Another member of team New Player Marshal here :) I second Jeff and Andy, you definitely don't need to know all the rules coming into game. Many of us are still learning all the rules. They also get revised and updated every so often, so we all continue to work on learning them together as the game progresses.

I'm often one of the marshals running New Player Training, so I'll definitely be one of your points of contact (I've got teal hair and am pretty easy to spot). The marshal team as well as other players are always happy to answer questions! Even during game, you are welcome to grab one of us New Player Marshals and ask any questions you have. Playing a fulltime NPC is an especially great way to start out in that regard, since you'll have access to marshals and seasoned players all weekend!

Hope to see you at an upcoming game :)

Ser Kestrel Laurent-Belmont
Dame Warlord of Kaladonia
First Mate of the Winged Victory
Master Hunter & Council Member for House Laurent-Belmont
Fyperia's Wisdom - Knight Champion of High Queen Fyperia Maitel

Alt: Cynon Terrwyn of Grimwyr
House Liones
Lieutenant Commander of the Kormyrian Army

OOG: Crystal R.
New Player Representative
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.472 seconds