When to NPC?

• Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
12 Mar 2017 15:22 #1 by Ephrem (bamore62)
When to NPC? was created by Ephrem (bamore62)
Is there any NPC shift which would be better for new players, so as not to miss any activities for lower level PCs?
At the last event (my 2nd) I signed up for the Saturday 2 to 6 shift. As it turned out, it was NPC duty for one of the new player mods. If I had known, I probably would rather have had my PC do the mod and NPCed during a different time slot. I'm not complaining; I still had a great time NPCing and even, during the down time waiting for the PCs to arrive in the area, enjoyed the time with my fellow NPCs.
Is there a usual time when lower level, new player mods are run? If any lower level/new player quests can be posted or announced, that would give us newbies a good chance to schedule our NPC duty and downtime at the Inn around such.

BA

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
12 Mar 2017 15:52 - 12 Mar 2017 15:53 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic When to NPC?
Hi Bryan!

We run new player/low-level mods from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, as follows:

10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. -- this one is usually grander in scope than others.

In addition, there's also something Friday night around 1:00 a.m.

If you don't want to miss any of them, I'd suggest Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Slots in that shift (as well as Friday 10:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.) tend to go quickly, though, partially because of people who play make-up heavy races and don't want to have to remove and re-apply their make-up. Saturday (technically Sunday) 12:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. is usually a rather zany time if you're somewhat of a night owl. There's also "Main Mod" shift, 8:00 p.m. to midnight.

As for posted times, some mods will have in-game announcements on relevant boards--either the Dragon's Claw or the Adventurer's Guild. We are working on having actual corkboards at the Camp where we can post quests for people to do.

All that said, happy to hear you had a great time! If you have any more questions, don't be afraid to ask.

-Jeff

Last edit: 12 Mar 2017 15:53 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Ephrem (bamore62)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.468 seconds