Hello, New to this and LARP in general.

21 Apr 2017 15:05 #1 by Sir Beaglelot (Sir Beaglelot)
Hello, New to this and LARP in general. was created by Sir Beaglelot (Sir Beaglelot)
Hello I just wanted to make a post as a lot of the information i see is quite overwhelming at the moment haha. I was hoping for some advice on how to get started. I've always liked the idea but never got into it until now. I'd love any advice anyone can give at the moment.

OOG name: Andrew

Andrew Victor Francis
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
21 Apr 2017 22:29 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Hello, New to this and LARP in general.
Hi, Andrew! I'll post more after the event that's about to start.

Any time before your character's third event, you can rewrite any amount of times, any aspect of your character worked out better on paper than in person living out their life. That includes the character's name.

It's free to NPC full-time, and you can earn build and Service Points while you're learning how the game works. That might be your best option.

I'll be available Sunday to answer any more questions you might have.

Welcome aboard!

-Jeff

03 May 2017 07:07 #3 by DanielleNichols (DanielleNichols)
Replied by DanielleNichols (DanielleNichols) on topic Hello, New to this and LARP in general.
Hi there! I am Danielle!

(Real Name goes here!)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
03 May 2017 23:10 #4 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Hello, New to this and LARP in general.
Andrew,

Terribly sorry for the delay! Here is plenty of reading material to hopefully give you and Danielle a good grasp of things:

a mission statement of sorts for New Player Marshals like myself and the community at large:
www.knightrealms.com/forum/New-Players/8...re-here-for-you.html

a hopefully helpful guide to our combat system:
www.knightrealms.com/forum/New-Players/8...ombat-confusion.html

and a guide on how to be more immersed in whatever character you decide to play:
www.knightrealms.com/forum/New-Players/8...ter-more-easily.html

Overall, the one thing to remember is that it's okay to make mistakes. They're going to happen whether we like it or not, but get right back up afterward, because it's gonna be just fine!

Ask questions if you have them, even if you think they're silly, stupid, or you think you're bugging/bothering us by asking. We'd much rather you ask now than be left wanting later.

-Jeff

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.472 seconds