We Need Your Help!

• Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
02 May 2017 23:54 - 02 May 2017 23:56 #1 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
We Need Your Help! was created by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Hello, nerds and other assorted readers and perusers!

Part of the excitement and the challenge of being a New Player Marshal is figuring out how to craft a great experience for you guys and sometimes I get a bit of writer's block. So I figured, why not include the very people I'm tasked with entertaining, in the process of enhancing your fun!

Let's treat this as a spitballing session. If you have part of a plan--even 12% of one!--you are hereby encouraged to share it. Who knows where it might lead?

One of the overall goals, is to better prepare all of you for when you've "leveled up," in more ways than one. For when you're no longer new or low level, and you're in the big leagues.

Another goal is to have more interaction between you guys and characters far higher in level than you, who don't RP together for any number of reasons.

Keep those in mind, but by all means please don't feel limited by them. See where your imagination takes you.

Thanks in advance!

-Jeff

Last edit: 02 May 2017 23:56 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grumpy (Bookwyrm)
  • Grumpy
  • May be appeased with kittens.
  • Thank Yous: 64
20 May 2017 21:04 #2 by Grumpy (Bookwyrm)
Replied by Grumpy (Bookwyrm) on topic We Need Your Help!
On the topic of getting high-level PCs to join low-level ones, I was on a mod where Jed lead the story up to the boss fight, and would describe what we saw out of game and then ask questions in-character about what we'd spotted. It was a very skillful balance. I'd like to see more like that, where a high-level PC leads a group through a series of events and then helps with a boss far in excess of the new players' levels.

Main: Grigori the grumpy healer, adopted member of the Tribe of Berk, adviser to Chief Darius Redmaw.
Alt: Dorian White, physician and alchemist for hire.
Alt: Ruy Sanchez de Castor y Ortiz, the best swordsman in all of Coast Haven!

OOC: Matthew Bowman
Science fiction and fantasy editor, longtime tabletop GM, newbie KR player.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Moostrav Potrevski ()
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.479 seconds