Visigalis Clergy and how viable is taking Torturer Profession?

• Blackfarrow
  • "My name is Death, and the end is near."
  • Thank Yous: 28
21 May 2017 15:23 #1 by Blackfarrow (Roman64)
Hello!

I'm looking for tips as to where I can find Clergymen or Tomes and information on the god Visigalis in game. Also I was thinking on the viability of the Torturer Profession. How often does someone get the opportunity to actually interrogate and use and Roleplay these skills? It seems very rare to use them at times?

Jurian Blackfarrow
Private of the Baronial Guard of Travance

OOG: Isaiah Roa
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
21 May 2017 19:01 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Visigalis Clergy and how viable is taking Torturer Profession?
For finding Clergymen, we do have a board specifically for connecting characters of some similarities, whether profession-wise, geography, hobbies, or what have you:
www.knightrealms.com/forum/character-ties-and-connections.html

The question of viability with regard to Torturer, that's something that should be discovered through the roleplay. Go through the list and think about how you could get away with/totally use legitimately each skill. Remember that you can rewrite your character any time before your third event, so if you don't like the feel of it, it's alright!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
27 May 2017 01:12 #3 by Father Nikolai (ertsyperts)
Replied by Father Nikolai (ertsyperts) on topic Visigalis Clergy and how viable is taking Torturer Profession?
As someone who played a Torturer for 3 and a half years it is definitely a fun class. While yes it does not always come up it is extremely rewarding/good rp and the list has a bunch of utility. Overall I'd say the pros outweigh the cons. One thing I try to tell everyone I know who takes the list is always have a rules marshal present and make sure all parties are comfortable at all times. If at any time anyone is uncomfortable stop the RP immediately.

Father Nikolai

Matthew E.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
27 May 2017 14:11 #4 by Chesta (Kevin)
Visigalis is still a relatively new god so there aren't many tomes and people who follow Visigalis, however if you ask around you should be able to find one or two IG players that have something.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
30 May 2017 00:36 #5 by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist)
Replied by Arradir Go-Dringol (DaPhysicist) on topic Visigalis Clergy and how viable is taking Torturer Profession?
To chime in for Torturer, I have played a character for over a year now whose main shtick is his previous life as an "Royal Interrogator" for the Londwyn Queen during one of the wars. While the list can be a bit rough at times due to the obviously necessary restrictions, I have had fantastic RP experiences with the character because of that list choice. Also, never underestimate those Rank I and II physician abilities as a good "cover" for your character.

Hit me up any time if you want some advice on how to make the list viable.

~ Joe G.

The Insightful, Knight of Pendarvin
OOG: Joe Glaser | Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.519 seconds