I want to be a new player, but here are a few questions and my characte concept.

• Jon
  • Thank Yous: 15
15 Jul 2017 17:08 #1 by Jon (JBONE34)
First things first. Hello to all of the Admins and game runners. I'm sure it will be a pleasure hearing from you. So, here's my character concept. He's a Celtic Bard. He's a collector of sorts; he collects songs, stories, friends, and new experiences. He tends to be shy when encountering new people and situations but can be verbose once his shell is broken.

So, here are my questions.

What Celtic some of the clans are there in game, and do they generally get along with each other/know each other's history and customs?

Does a Bard use Spell Song Points for both enchantments and Bard Songs or just for Bard Songs, and if it's the latter, is that the use of mana points?

If you use a war hammer with a pick end or an ax with a blunt counter side, do they count as blade, blunt, or both, and do I need to pick skills accordingly?

What's the difference between performer and entertainer?

Where do I get the materials to make unarmed combat style boffer weapons (ones that have flesh colored tape instead of the bright colors and grays of normal duct tape)? Will you supply them?

Speaking of boffer weapons, can I use the foam latex ones they sell online or should I stick to making them out of pipes, foam, and duct tape?

If I were to NPC for a few games, would weapons and costumes be provided?

Is trading Commodity Cards allowed/encouraged between players as an economic system? For example, say I have both Trade and Trade Proficiency in Brewing giving me four Brew Commodity Cards, and I want to pick up a leather jerkin; can I trade a beer that I brewed for a leather jerkin that a friend of mine with Trade: Leatherworking made provided he agrees to it?

Charlie Feirnie
Singer by passion, mercenary by trade

(OOG Jonathan Evan Stern)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
15 Jul 2017 20:31 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Evening, Jonathan!

I'm Jeff, one of the New Player Marshals here.

There are a handful of Celt clans in-game and yes, they do generally get along--as best as Celts can, right? With regard to coming to an event with your own Celt knowing or being apart of their clan, we have a board here on the forums specifically for making character ties:
www.knightrealms.com/forum/character-ties-and-connections.html

Feel free to read the "Basic Use" post at the top and then get started making connections.

Does a Bard use Spell Song Points for both enchantments and Bard Songs or just for Bard Songs, and if it's the latter, is that the use of mana points?

The Bard uses Spell Song Points for both.

If you use a war hammer with a pick end or an ax with a blunt counter side, do they count as blade, blunt, or both, and do I need to pick skills accordingly?

Part of the coming Rules revision that was implemented early, was allowing any character to use almost any type of weapon. If you wanted your Celt to be able to use a bow, crossbow, or an arquebus, you'll still have to learn that skill. However, you'll have to get the weapon type clarified if you want to purchase Weapon Proficiencies for that specific weapon type.

What's the difference between performer and entertainer?

To me, a performer is someone who's in a fixed space, like a stage; whereas the entertainer is more mobile and free to move about the country.

If you meant this with regard to how to roleplay your bard, you have a wide latitude to play with.

Where do I get the materials to make unarmed combat style boffer weapons (ones that have flesh colored tape instead of the bright colors and grays of normal duct tape)? Will you supply them?

Home and hardware stores should carry everything you need to make boffer weapons, including different color duct tape. In addition, there are two Facebook groups dedicated to garb, props, and weaponry, in case you have any questions about proper weapon construction:

Knight Realms Official Costuming Community:
www.facebook.com/groups/138448936725062/

Larpers Costumers Forum:
www.facebook.com/groups/565425943563720/

No, the materials will not be provided to you.

Speaking of boffer weapons, can I use the foam latex ones they sell online or should I stick to making them out of pipes, foam, and duct tape?

Whether you order a weapon online, purchase it at a convention, or create your own, it will need to be inspected for safety purposes by either a Rules Marshal or a Logistics Marshal. That said, we do have a guide to help you make your own boffer weapons:
www.knightrealms.com/game-play/weapons-a...-boffer-weapons.html

If I were to NPC for a few games, would weapons and costumes be provided?

Absolutely! Not only that, but you'll of course earn build and Service Points that you can put toward your character when you decide to make your own.

Is trading Commodity Cards allowed/encouraged between players as an economic system? For example, say I have both Trade and Trade Proficiency in Brewing giving me four Brew Commodity Cards, and I want to pick up a leather jerkin; can I trade a beer that I brewed for a leather jerkin that a friend of mine with Trade: Leatherworking made provided he agrees to it?

Yes and yes. Trade away!

If you have any more questions, post them here, send me a message, or find me on Facebook and we could chat there. We'll be here if you need us!

-Jeff

The following user(s) said Thank You: Terzak (TheArchMage), Jon (JBONE34)
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
16 Jul 2017 00:35 #3 by Matt D (MattD)
Regarding the war hammer/pick combo, the weapon card itself can be one or the other, not both. You can have two separate cards for that weapon though.

Weapon cards are used to provide details of the weapon you are using such as material type, base damage, and unique properties. It is possible to have one "phys rep" represent multiple weapons.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Grumpy (Bookwyrm), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Jon
  • Thank Yous: 15
16 Jul 2017 09:48 #4 by Jon (JBONE34)
Thank you.

Charlie Feirnie
Singer by passion, mercenary by trade

(OOG Jonathan Evan Stern)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.587 seconds