Two new players for the November Event: Questions

• Kiana Wiley
  • There's nothing like looking if you want to find something.
  • Thank Yous: 8
13 Oct 2017 19:21 #1 by Kiana Wiley (Kiana)
Two new players for the November Event: Questions was created by Kiana Wiley (Kiana)
My boyfriend an I are a couple of new players that will be coming to the event in November, which is the Ball. I just recently learned that this particular event will not be in the same place as usual? And I was wondering if maybe the Ball wasn't the best time for new players to show up or is that okay to have as our first event? And if that is all fine, how do we go about this. I kinda had an idea about how to show up, sleeping arrangements,food, character cards and what not when events are at the camp but what about this? Also anything and everything you think of as important for us to know about for to make sure we're prepared and that attending this event goes as smoothly as possible for everyone? Thanks in advance!

OOG: Kiana Wiley
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
13 Oct 2017 23:02 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Two new players for the November Event: Questions
Hi, Kiana!

That is correct: the Ball will take place at 361 Union Center Dr., Ulster Park, NY (in-game, it takes place at The Black Keep, the Count of Winterdark's castle). Since it's a bit further of a drive for most players and since it ends a little after midnight, some people book rooms at motels nearby. AirBnB is also an option. The sooner you find a room to rent, if you're going that route, the better. They tend to fill up rather quickly.

As for the Ball being your first event, it would be a good idea, since there is no combat allowed. One night of a relaxed, role-play-filled atmosphere with tons of tasty food and fun activities!

Fancy attire is recommended, but definitely not required. Some people wear their normal garb with a mask--and I should mention, it's a masquerade!

Bring your appetite--as hot and cold dishes are incentivized with build and Service Points, respectively, we end up with a lot of it. Actually, bringing a couple ziploc bags for the clean-up afterward, would not be a bad idea in the slightest.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kiana Wiley (Kiana)
  • Kiana Wiley
  • There's nothing like looking if you want to find something.
  • Thank Yous: 8
13 Oct 2017 23:17 #3 by Kiana Wiley (Kiana)
Replied by Kiana Wiley (Kiana) on topic Two new players for the November Event: Questions
Okay cool, so another question. We have finished characters and we're gonna submit them sometime this week in the character builder, are the character cards needed for this event and will they be available for us to collect there?

OOG: Kiana Wiley
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
14 Oct 2017 00:13 #4 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Two new players for the November Event: Questions
In years past, we've used slips of paper with only the most basic information requested. Since there is no skill use, buffs, periods, etc., there's really no need to have full-fledged character cards in use. One can only imagine we'll be using slips again this year, but as soon as I can confirm that, I will let you know so that we can both be sure.

• Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
14 Oct 2017 02:19 #5 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic Two new players for the November Event: Questions
Also don't forget, if you get cold feet about the Ball, our regular November 2017 Event is the weekend after! November 10th-12th!

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.455 seconds