If you're looking for service points . . .

• Grumpy
  • May be appeased with kittens.
  • Thank Yous: 64
23 Oct 2017 20:15 #1 by Grumpy (Bookwyrm)
If you're looking for service points . . . was created by Grumpy (Bookwyrm)
I spent a lot of time in the kitchen during the October event, and noticed a lot of things the kitchen could use. These are items that I want to encourage new players to get, because they are easy to find, usually cheap, and some of them are repeatable.

And why new players specifically? Because you want service points for build conversion and fates, that's why! (Fates are listed in the rulebook. If you have any questions, ask your friendly neighborhood marshal for help. That's not me, I'm just grumpy and am trying to encourage people to donate.) And beyond that, Knight Realms exists because of volunteers and donations.

Standard SP rewards for donations are 30 SP per $1 spent. BRING YOUR RECEIPTS! Some items may be especially needed and points for those may be doubled, but again, check with a marshal if you're looking to maximize your rewards.

* Bottles. Lots and LOTS of bottles. Thanks to attrition (things do break on occasion), our supply of bottles has dwindled to absolutely terrible levels. We need these for water, and we need enough that we can have them constantly traveling around the camp for mods (while still looking in-character) AND still be guaranteed to have them available for feast. A dozen empty wine bottles are about twenty-five bucks on Amazon. Keep 'em coming!
* Gloves. These are used for sanitary and other safety concerns while cooking.
* Knives. We could use knives that are suitable for chopping items like potatoes, onions, and peppers. This does not mean giant cleavers, but also not tiny paring knives. Odds are that you can find decent ones in thrift stores, without paying top dollar. We just need stuff to chop veggies and meat. (In fact, if the knives are TOO good, they might walk off on their own.)
* Pots and Pans. We had to throw away a large pot this event because it only had one handle and couldn't be used with hot things easily. Other pots and pans are aging. IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO DONATE THIS, PLEASE SEE A MARSHAL FIRST. We have limited room and you'll want to be clear on the sizes necessary.
* Non-perishable allergen-friendly foodstuffs. For example, gluten-free pasta.
* Disposable items (bowls, forks, cups, etc.) may be needed. A kitchen marshal can confirm.

Main: Grigori the grumpy healer, adopted member of the Tribe of Berk, adviser to Chief Darius Redmaw.
Alt: Dorian White, physician and alchemist for hire.
Alt: Ruy Sanchez de Castor y Ortiz, the best swordsman in all of Coast Haven!

OOC: Matthew Bowman
Science fiction and fantasy editor, longtime tabletop GM, newbie KR player.
  • Wili
  • Thank Yous: 206
23 Oct 2017 20:30 #2 by Wili ()
Replied by Wili () on topic If you're looking for service points . . .
I will have a billion empty wine bottles when winter wine hibernation is complete. Like, 50 of them. I am lazy, so if someone else wants to peel off the labels, you can take aaaaaall the credit

Wilindé Aläciel
AKA Wili
Blackbird Manager Extraordinaire

OOG-Kelley Commeford
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
  • Grumpy
  • May be appeased with kittens.
  • Thank Yous: 64
23 Oct 2017 20:43 #3 by Grumpy (Bookwyrm)
Replied by Grumpy (Bookwyrm) on topic If you're looking for service points . . .
Good point. If you donate used bottles, they have to have the labels removed. The best way to do that is to soak them in water (room temperature is fine) and baking/washing soda. The recommended amount is 5-10 tablespoons, but baking soda is cheap so you can probably afford to err on the side of a lot. The amount will also vary depending on how much water there is. If you have a bunch, just put it in your tub if you have one. The label and glue should all come right off after thirty minutes of soaking.

Just please remember to clean out the bottles. Wine especially can leave sediment at the bottom of a bottle, and if it's not clear it can be hard to see. All bottles get sanitized before use/reuse at KR, but they're sanitized for germs and not necessarily for residue. (Incidentally, a great way to get service points is to volunteer to sanitize used mugs and bottles that pile up over the weekend!)

The best way to make certain that wine sediment is not left behind is to immediately fill a bottle with water after you've finished it off. It'll keep the sediment from drying out, and also dilute any trace alcohol left behind. If you can sanitize the inside while soaking the label, so much the better; but for best results, you need to fill the inside with soap or another cleaner and then rinse it out several times until no residue remains.

Main: Grigori the grumpy healer, adopted member of the Tribe of Berk, adviser to Chief Darius Redmaw.
Alt: Dorian White, physician and alchemist for hire.
Alt: Ruy Sanchez de Castor y Ortiz, the best swordsman in all of Coast Haven!

OOC: Matthew Bowman
Science fiction and fantasy editor, longtime tabletop GM, newbie KR player.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Wili ()
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
24 Oct 2017 03:21 - 24 Oct 2017 03:21 #4 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic If you're looking for service points . . .
In addition to OOG rewards for kitchen work, my wife and I run a General Store out of Kaladonia, which is the first camping area from logistics on the right path. We pay in store credit, ands sell almost anything you can think of needing in game. And we pay WELL. This is a great way to get some extra gear that you would not normally be able to afford.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
Last edit: 24 Oct 2017 03:21 by Matt D (MattD).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.519 seconds