Bonjour, or Hello, I happen to be a new human.

28 May 2018 22:30 #1 by Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread)
Bonjour, or Hello, I happen to be a new human. was created by Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread)
Hello, I am a new human and I would like to say hello.

I am generally familiar with LARP and such but I do have Two questions after reading the rule book.

am looking to use the dreadnought class for my character purely for its passive ability to use a large shield. But while reading the rule book I could not find anything on the construction parameters for a large shield. (I may have just missed them like the knob I am.) So I was wondering what those parameters are, if any. (If there are none I will make one large enough to cast a permanent shadow over The whole of Travance.)

The other question is:

I know that you do not need a skill to use different weapons and armor but do I need to get them "made" by a blacksmith IG or do I start with them if I just show up with them. Also, If I learn the Large Shield ability do I need to get a shield "made" aswell?.

-Jarden Burdach

At one point in time chamber pots where a technological break through.

OOG -- Jacob Vick
OOG, never take what I say in game seriously, Jardin is mean.
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
28 May 2018 23:26 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Bonjour, or Hello, I happen to be a new human.
Bonjour, mon ami!

I'm Jeff, one of your New Player Reps. Welcome aboard. As far as large shield sizes, this is from one of the darker hallways of our labyrinthine website:
"Large - 42" diameter, or 54" height and 36" width."
www.knightrealms.com/game-play/advanced-...-making-shields.html

That said, in the summer months you might find that the denizens of Travance would appreciate a shield that would block out the sun.

Weapons and shields you bring, need to be inspected for safety purposes. You will be given basic armament cards for each of them--steel or wood. If you would like to have them made of firmer stuff OR merely desire the roleplay of a blacksmith honing their craft, you're more than welcome to have your character visit one.

If you've any other questions, along with it being my job to answer them, I'd be more than happy to help.

-Jeff

29 May 2018 06:08 #3 by Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread)
Replied by Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread) on topic Bonjour, or Hello, I happen to be a new human.
Tu parle français aussi?

But thank you, that was quite helpful, if I happen to think of any other questions I will ask.

-Jarden Burdach

OOG -- Jacob Vick
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
29 May 2018 10:23 #4 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Bonjour, or Hello, I happen to be a new human.
I barely know how to order a cup of coffee! But I would love to visit one day. My mom and stepdad were there a few years ago.

You're very welcome! I'll be here.

29 May 2018 13:49 #5 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Bonjour, or Hello, I happen to be a new human.
My wife is the French and Spanish speaker in the family. I'm working on both Irish and Scots Gaelic (its a process). I would like to point out that Dreadnought isn't your only option for Large Shield.

Cleric
Cavalier
Dragoon
Dreadnought
Gladiator
Witch Hunter
all have Large shield as options.

Welcome.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62), Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
30 May 2018 08:06 #6 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic Bonjour, or Hello, I happen to be a new human.
Just as a rules clarification to Jeff’s post, because it’s a recent rules change- basic weapons (steel/wood) are not given item cards anymore. You are assumed to have one basic steel/wood weapon for any physrep you have.

Just to avoid any confusion :)

Welcome to knight realms!

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
30 May 2018 22:31 - 30 May 2018 22:31 #7 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Thank you for the clarification, Rachael!

Jacob, as you can see, some of us who've been coming here for a spell still need the rules clarified once in a while. Don't sweat it if you don't know everything right at the beginning.

Last edit: 30 May 2018 22:31 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread)
31 May 2018 15:13 #8 by Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread)
Replied by Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread) on topic Bonjour, or Hello, I happen to be a new human.
Yes, I am aware of the other classes, I just like Dreadnought the most, but thank you.

I have recently thought of more question, well just clarifications.

1. If you NPC for a hole event it is free correct?
2. I am an adult but my brother is only 17, is he still good to attend?
3. And finally, on average how many people attend on a normal event?

Thanks again, you guys are exceedingly helpful.

-Jarden Burdach

OOG -- Jacob Vick
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
31 May 2018 16:14 #9 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Bonjour, or Hello, I happen to be a new human.
Hello Jacob!

1. Correct!
2. Yes, he can attend, and participate in combat. He'll need to have a guardian sign a form, though.
3. About 150-200. It depends on the weather.

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Jarden Burdach (Buttere__Bread)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.525 seconds