New to LARP!

06 Jul 2018 16:21 #1 by Rachel Lee (Befuddly)
New to LARP! was created by Rachel Lee (Befuddly)
Hi, I'm new to LARP, and am excited to start building a character for my first try. I've played Pathfinder RPG with friends a couple of times, so I'm not totally new to role-playing. I did my best to absorb as much as I can from the rulebook. I think I'm at the place where I have to get up the nerve and dive in. I'm planning to go on my own, I don't think I have any friends who would be up for it without my scoping it out first haha. I think I prefer it though, I'm definitely the type to not want to have to worry about my friends having a good time as I'm getting used to how things work. Hope to meet some of you here before going, so I'm not totally lost!

I don't think I'll feel prepared to go to the July event, but maybe August?

Thanks!

-Rachel

Rachel Lee
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
06 Jul 2018 17:43 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic New to LARP!
Hi, Rachel!

I'm Jeff, one of your New Player Representatives here. You don't have to worry terribly much about getting used to how things work--the Rules being in play-test mean we're all getting used to it.

July will have a lot going on, but you're always welcome to come NPC for us--admission is free; you'll get somewhat of a handle of how things work from the other side; sleep when you'd like; we feed you breakfast both days and dinner on Saturday night; plus, you earn build that you can put toward the character you'll play in August.

That said, it's all up to you. We'll be here for you whichever choice you make and whatever questions you have (the sillier the better).

-Jeff

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rachel Lee (Befuddly)
09 Jul 2018 14:48 #3 by Rachel Lee (Befuddly)
Replied by Rachel Lee (Befuddly) on topic New to LARP!
Thanks! I didn't realize the rules were in play-test, but that makes sense. I would be interested in NPCing for July, but I can't do Sunday. Would it be possible to NPC Friday through Sat(I could stay till around midnight) only?

Rachel Lee
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Jul 2018 12:50 #4 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Absolutely! There's no minimum time required for you to come out and NPC for us--we'll appreciate the effort all the same.

My apologies for the late reply! I am subscribed to these boards, but it didn't notify me of a new post nor was I proactive in checking.

I am here if you have questions, though.

17 Jul 2018 15:14 #5 by Rachel Lee (Befuddly)
Replied by Rachel Lee (Befuddly) on topic New to LARP!
Thank you! Is it best to reply here with questions, or direction message you?

Rachel Lee
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Jul 2018 15:32 #6 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Whatever you're most comfortable with will suit me fine.

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.557 seconds