Newbie hailing from Pennsylvania

• Gaarog
  • Thank Yous: 3
23 Oct 2018 11:32 #1 by Gaarog (Gaarog)
Newbie hailing from Pennsylvania was created by Gaarog (Gaarog)
Good day everyone,

I had previously posted a quick greeting and went to edit it but on the tinyness of my phone managed to hit the delete button so here goes again!

Greetings to all and I'm very excited to be here!

A little about myself,

My name is Kevin and while I'm very much a neophyte with regards to larp, I've been a long time historical reenactor for several years now and always had a preference for first person reenacting. Acting in general has always been a great joy for me as it broke me out of my shell as a child and I've always been a big enjoyer of various mediums of RP.

I'm a full time Pennsylvania licensed emergency medical technician and have been doing so for a few years. It's a truly rewarding job and allows me a skillset that I get to use to help people not only in my capacity as a provider but also in my various hobbies and when out and about.

It is a pleasure to be here and I'm looking very forward to developing a character and getting to know all of you!

I'm looking to develop an Orcish character as one may have guessed by my profile name and I would be deeply appreciative of help from you fine folk with regards to getting started in LARP and specifically any of my fellow Orcs who would be sonkind as to help me with that side of things!

I'm so very glad to be here and I look forward to meeting and playing with you all!

Thanks and best regards,

Kevin M.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • brik
  • whatever
  • Thank Yous: 14
23 Oct 2018 16:49 #2 by brik (sonya)
Replied by brik (sonya) on topic Newbie hailing from Pennsylvania
hey welcome!! i do not play an orc, but i've played another variety of goblinoid for many years, and i can definitely give you some tips! shoot me a message w/ any questions you got :)

oog - sonya m.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
23 Oct 2018 21:28 #3 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Newbie hailing from Pennsylvania
Hi Kevin!

I'm Jeff and I'm one of your New Player Representatives here as well as part of the Card Staff team.

Even though you're new to larping, your reenacting experience will definitely come in handy and you should hit the ground running without even trying.

As for orc tips, I would recommend taking Sonya up on her offer--she definitely knows her stuff.

In addition, we do have a board dedicated to questions about role-play:
www.knightrealms.com/forum/atmosphere-questions.html

Unofficially, there is a Facebook group called LARP Role-Playing Tips where you're also welcome and encouraged to ask (shameless plug; it's a group I created a couple years ago).

Thank you for the work you do as an EMT, by the way!

I'll reach out to a friend of mine who plays an orc and see if he can chime in with some advice here.

If you have any other questions, ask!

-Jeff

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF), Mantel (sigma-j)
05 Nov 2018 21:54 #4 by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF)
Replied by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF) on topic Newbie hailing from Pennsylvania
Hello Kevin,

I have played an Orc at Knight Realms for some time and love to help you with anything you might need to know. I myself play one of KR's more Tribal/Feral Orcs, not very imperial at all. If you would like please add me on FB and shoot me a message. www.facebook.com/matthew.fiore1

Jurgur'mosh GoreTusk
free orc
(OOG-Matt F)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.459 seconds