A little tagalong!

09 Dec 2018 18:37 #1 by Kit Melnik (theplushfrog)
A little tagalong! was created by Kit Melnik (theplushfrog)
Hey there! I’m Kit, and I played the little Z’Hadeem cleric of Brazen, Nuru, this past weekend at the December event. You can thank my girlfriend Ashe for dragging me along to the game to met all of the wonderful people here.

I’m the one who people pitted against the captured goblin Saturday afternoon. Which was hilarious, but also highlighted how vastly different KR’s system is to what I’m used to, hopefully I didn’t do too badly.

I have been larping for like 3 years now at games vastly different in genre than the high fantasy of KR. I’m no seasoned pro at larp, and I’m better at rp than fighting, but I gave it my best shot. I hope I at least entertained everyone!

This may not be my main larp, but I thoroughly enjoyed the game and hope to make it back soon! (Hopefully when it’s not so cold that the air makes my face hurt.) It was great meeting everyone!

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
09 Dec 2018 20:16 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic A little tagalong!
Why do we larp where the air hurts our faces!?

Hehe. Hi, Kit! I'm Jeff, one of your New Player Reps. Giving it your best shot is amiable and it will only be easier from here on out.

To that effect, we have a couple of resources to help:

The Character Ties board here on the forums, where you can forge connections with other characters:
www.knightrealms.com/forum/character-ties-and-connections.html

Knight Realms Official Costuming Community, for garb or prop-related questions or discussions:
www.facebook.com/groups/138448936725062/

Knight Realms Memes and Things, where our community shares memes and laughs:
www.facebook.com/groups/2051579088446830/

Last but not least, a shameless plug for the group I created a while back: LARP Role-Playing Tips, where people can give or request advice on anything relating to role-play.
www.facebook.com/groups/777569345712167/

Thanks for coming out!

-Jeff

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit Melnik (theplushfrog)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
09 Dec 2018 21:51 #3 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic A little tagalong!
Hi Kit!!!

Your Z'Hadeem costuming was a m a z i n g ! It was great to see you and I hope to see you up again soon!

--Jean

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kit Melnik (theplushfrog)
10 Dec 2018 20:15 #4 by Kit Melnik (theplushfrog)
Replied by Kit Melnik (theplushfrog) on topic A little tagalong!
Thanks for all the info Jeff! Those links have already been fairly useful.

I decided to come to KR on a spur of the moment kind of thing, which is probably why it ended up being in the middle of the winter, because that's always when my brain decides that doing crazy shit is the best.

Jean, thank youuu! I managed to pull the costume together in under two weeks, somehow. It was great seeing your character in person! I didn't get a chance to interact much with you, sadly, but there's always next time!

Hope to be back soon!

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds