How much KR influences our lives...

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
10 Jan 2009 12:47 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
How much KR influences our lives... was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
So it's a lazy weekend at home, and for the first time in a long, long time, I have no plans for the weekend until Sunday's Eagles / Giants game.

As I putter about the house to do all the chores I need to do on a free weekend, I look around me and see how much Knight Realms has made an impact on my OOG life:

* My first act on waking up, after checking email, is to check the KR forums.
* I'm drinking coffee from a Pirate Mug I got for Christmas... and I have nothing to do with Pirates outside KR, playing Carlos.
* I'm doing at least 2 loads of KR laundry, one of which is silks & wool, which has its own detergent and washer setting.
* I'll be going to the laundromat to wash the sleeping bag later.
* A good half of my storage room in my house is dedicated to KR bins, tubs, latex weapons, etc.
* I'll be spending an hour or two today updating all the IG paperwork Gideon uses to run his smithing.

All of this is on top of the fact that I'd like to take a crack at updating some more of the Website while I have the free time this weekend to try and learn CSS.

James, you've made a highly addictive, and successful, product.  Please keep it up!  ;D

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
10 Jan 2009 15:58 #2 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic How much KR influences our lives...
Well, besides the fact that I have a closet SPECIFICALLY devoted to holiday decorations and KR stuff, I'd say it influences me like crazy too. Whenever I go to Thrift Stores, or the Dollar store, I think "hey, that can be used at KR for something".  Or how about when I first started my car shopping, I actually looked at a KR to see how capable of it is navigating the roads at Hickory Run, plus the amount of storage it has.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
10 Jan 2009 16:09 #3 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic How much KR influences our lives...
More than half my laundry this week is from KR.  On my PC is the KR forum, a drafting application  depicting a new glow boffer design I am working on, and some shopping websites catering to larp themed clothes.

Also, my bedroom is design motiff is very fantasy, with a dragon themed bedspread, wood shelevs covered in fantasy, sci-fi, and rpg books.

My closet holds only 3 suits... The rest are my latex weapons, cloaks, shield, and archery supplies.

Wow... I don't even have my zombie survival gear in ready order and shape.  Gotta work on that.

So much work I gotta do at home.  I better stop slacking and get to it.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • northstarpn
  • When God hands you lemons you FIND A NEW GOD
  • Thank Yous: 0
10 Jan 2009 23:32 #4 by northstarpn (northstarpn)
Replied by northstarpn (northstarpn) on topic How much KR influences our lives...
Yikes. I don't think I wear enough regular laundry to need more than one load per week. But I got a big ol tupperware container full of KR stuff. Most of the time I just make boffer throwing knives...

However I have been doing a goodly amount of song writing and research for my Bard. And I found my tin whistle as well, which will no doubt please the celts. Now if only I could get my smallpipes working again, that would be something.

Peter Nerino
aka Nikolai
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
10 Jan 2009 23:46 #5 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic How much KR influences our lives...
Two PCs, Thermals, blankets, and cloaks add up.  That, and silks and cottons use different settings...

...which reminds me, time to go move laundry.  :P

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
12 Jan 2009 00:03 #6 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic How much KR influences our lives...
I have a large bin I bring most of my stuff in.  I have a list under the KR file on our computer.  Upon entering the house after an event, I immediately do a full load of KR related laundry, towel, two sheets, occasionally a sleeping bag, the wool socks, silk t-shirt, two cotton shirst a sweatshirt, etc.  The portable altar goes back on a table.  The weapons and armor go in a corner.  I updte my copy of my character card as well
Also during week one after an Event I change a lot of batteries.  This can change if I shell out bigger bucks and buy the rechargable candles.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
12 Jan 2009 11:32 #7 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic How much KR influences our lives...
Speaking about post-event laundry and chores... James, any chance you went back post event to the locker to do laundry?  If not yet, this might be a good time for those who left items of clothing behind to contact you so when you do, you can keep an eye open for said items.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds