Jamaica Pictures

• geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
12 Jan 2009 00:56 - 12 Jan 2009 11:01 #1 by geezer (geezer)
Jamaica Pictures was created by geezer (geezer)
For those of you who have an interest, here are some photos showing a variety of things.  Tom Dimock, who is making the Mosaic, also made the bars through which he took a sunset photo.  Of all the people I know, Tom is a true renaissance man.  He is an expert in a wide variety of eclectic skills.  I met him in 1971 or 72, when I played on Cornell University's Compute Science softball team as a ringer.  They were pathetic on the field, but no one had more fun off.
"Ladies and gentlemen, the rules state no alcohol or illegal substances are allowed on the field, which Is why we have this cooler behind the bench."

Added forgotten url today
tinyurl.com/9r6bcf

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Last edit: 12 Jan 2009 11:01 by .
  • Jarons20
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 1
13 Jan 2009 23:02 #2 by Jarons20 (Jarons20)
Replied by Jarons20 (Jarons20) on topic Jamaica Pictures
Really cool mosaic, the jawbone add is weird but it looks so great in the colors that surround it
Love the doors, did he do that as well?

OOG - Jason Arons
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
14 Jan 2009 09:06 #3 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Jamaica Pictures
Tom made the steel grates (called burglar bars) from rebar.  He selected the paint colors and his wife, JC painted them.  The wooden doors themselves were purchased.  I'll look around for some morelocations of close=ups of the grates.  Tom's are a combnation of three types.  Tulip like, Bob Marley, and a Picasso-esqe Three Nudes, whereas ours are birds and fish, while the Laughlin's stuck with rectanglur patterns, but designed theirs to be moveable, so they will not be seen.  The fourth (and last) house on the 8+ acres has just been started and who knows what Dwarf will choose. 

Jamaica is the land of pastels, and Tom is bummed about the lack of brightly colored tile.  When my son and his friends return (Maybe spring break, but better bang for the buck over the summer) each will carry some tile.  Thus far, all the tile is from broken pieces left after construction on the three finished residences.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

• geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 Jan 2009 12:02 #4 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Jamaica Pictures
Today its 20F here and 83F there.  Tom seems to have started a mosaic craze among those we know.  Some more pics:

tinyurl.com/9844uy

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.440 seconds