KNIGHTS OR TOWN GUARDS! plz read this for me. and reply

• Naturi Quiver
  • They'll get what they deserve.. trust me.
  • Thank Yous: 0
07 Jul 2009 02:07 #1 by Naturi Quiver (Naturi Quiver)
KNIGHTS OR TOWN GUARDS! plz read this for me. and reply was created by Naturi Quiver (Naturi Quiver)
soon, at lvl 5 or so, i would like to swear my oath to the baron. the only problem is i do not know what to say to him to become a Sergeant of the Royal Guard so i may work my way up to knight of travance. if you have any information on things to say so he accept me into the towns guard, i would appreciate you telling me.

Dustin A. (Naturi Quiver)
  • Simon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 125
07 Jul 2009 02:51 #2 by Simon (BigZ)
Though I'm nobody of importance, odds are that the response will be find out in game.

OOG: Nick H.
-Officer
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
07 Jul 2009 07:24 #3 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic KNIGHTS OR TOWN GUARDS! plz read this for me. and reply
Its true - this is a completely InGame question, and must be found out as such.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
  • Noctra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "Valar Morghulis"
07 Jul 2009 08:29 #4 by Noctra (Noctra)
Replied by Noctra (Noctra) on topic KNIGHTS OR TOWN GUARDS! plz read this for me. and reply

Hi Dustin, please see the post I left for you in the New Players thread.
It might help understand where to post in and out of game questions.

soon, at lvl 5 or so, i would like to swear my oath to the baron. the only problem is i do not know what to say to him to become a Sergeant of the Royal Guard so i may work my way up to knight of travance. if you have any information on things to say so he accept me into the towns guard, i would appreciate you telling me.

I'm also going to explain a bit here for all new members. I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to use your above post as an example. Not to make fun, but honestly for an example of how to ask questions to get the best responses. You are not the only one who is having these issues, yours is just a good example as it is easy to fix.

“at lvl 5” – clearly an out-of-game term. If you were to word this something like: “I’m young, and have only been traveling as an adventurer for five seasons”, it can easily turn into an in-game statement. Anyone will understand you are only lvl 5, but it sounds so much better when you are speaking or writing in-game. "plz read". In-game, you would most likely not abbreviate please that way (unless you are an ork!  :o)

The rest of your statement does sound in-game. Only problem is that you are posting it in the wrong place. You can post things like this on the In-game forum. That is, your character writes a note (assuming you can write and have literacy) and tacks it to the wall of the Dragons Claw Inn. There the Captain of the Guard might read it and respond to you. But you won’t be able to find out unless you post it there!
Just try to keep in mind that anything you post in the Inn, should not have any OOG references in it.

Good luck. The staff is here to help so keep asking question.

Thanks!

Sister Celestine Tellinghast
Paladin of the White Fox
The Order of the Brilliant Hammer

...and they shall know no fear
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I love Travance. There are shirtless men EVERYWHER
07 Jul 2009 09:20 #5 by Erim Walker (shiva14b)
Replied by Erim Walker (shiva14b) on topic KNIGHTS OR TOWN GUARDS! plz read this for me. and reply

You can post things like this on the In-game forum. That is, your character writes a note (assuming you can write and have literacy) and tacks it to the wall of the Dragons Claw Inn.

I've been meaning to ask about this. Because of the Literacy requirement, are people lacking the skill basically restricted from ever posting IG?

"Ok we can attack... but if we miss, we'll hit the villagers."
"I'm willing to take that chance!"

Things I am no longer allowed to do in an RPG :
31. The backup trap handler is not whoever has the most HP at the time.
73. Not allowed to name my cudgel Ceremonial Whoopass Stick.
74. My thief's battle cry is not "Run And Live"

[OOG Jenna
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
07 Jul 2009 09:31 #6 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic KNIGHTS OR TOWN GUARDS! plz read this for me. and reply
Yes, unless you can find someone to post it for you.

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
07 Jul 2009 14:24 #7 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic KNIGHTS OR TOWN GUARDS! plz read this for me. and reply
On the IG Announcement board, there's a description that a guardsman will read you what gets posted for you, in case you cannot read.  Can that same guardsman be nice enough to write out and post a message for the illerate person?  Or is it required that to post in the Dragon's Claw (as Baronial Notices can ONLY be posted by IG Nobles), the person must have Literacy or get someone else to do it?

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
07 Jul 2009 14:47 #8 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic KNIGHTS OR TOWN GUARDS! plz read this for me. and reply
You must be a noble to post in the Baronial message board thread. The Dragon's claw inn has its own rules topic which states that you need Literacy to post.

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.517 seconds