Tattoos and larpers

• Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
24 Sep 2009 11:36 #31 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Tattoos and larpers

Gus is obviously a professional :-).

I have two Henna sets... one thats a sort of air-brush stencil thing, and the other thats proper powder mix classic freehand henna.

Since judging by the PMs I'm getting there seems to be some interest, I will be attempting Henna tattoos on Friday before lay-on, probably around logistics (or wherever else i can find decent lighting). (Unless you were planning on doing it, Gus?)

Tips will be unnecessary but always appreciated :-D

I was not planning on doing it at the event no.  Merely just letting others know the options out there.  However if this seems to be a continuous thing, I'd be happy to bring my kit, and help you get people pumped out before lay on.  As long as I get down there early enough (coming up from mass) Since it does require a tad bit of time.  But yes,  if you do need help I don't mind at all.  :)  Better for everyone to have cool IG tattoos anyway!  The Celts need to tell us stories of why they all got drunk and tattoo'd a "Dryad ate my cat"  In Dwarvish runes on the smalls of their backs!

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
  • Yue Na
  • McBadASS
  • Thank Yous: 3
24 Sep 2009 12:14 #32 by Yue Na (Yue)
Replied by Yue Na (Yue) on topic Tattoos and larpers

I may be one with such interest! I'd be willing to tip too.

I am not worried about the pain (too much). My main problem will be saving up for the money because I want a really detailed tattoo and plan to invest in a good artist. Since it's permanent I want the best for my buck.

As it should be!

Incidentally Jenny, "Reona" keeps confusing me, because I'm friends with the real Reona OOG

Completely, unintentionally I swear! I made the name looking through celt names last year.

Yue Na

OOG: Jenny

"Do healers get extra powers since ObamaCare was passed?! I was going to tell everyone i cant heal pre-existing conditions. "
  • Andy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 157
24 Sep 2009 13:08 #33 by Andy (Andy)
Replied by Andy (Andy) on topic Tattoos and larpers
If you're going to have a Henna Tattoo session, please find somewhere other then Logistics to do it.  Logistics, especially at this camp, gets very packed with the amount of people just trying to sign in before Lay-on.

Thanks!

-Sir Hurgar
Knight of Pendarvin

-Andy
Rules Marshal
  • Erim Walker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I love Travance. There are shirtless men EVERYWHER
  • Thank Yous: 0
24 Sep 2009 13:23 #34 by Erim Walker (shiva14b)
Replied by Erim Walker (shiva14b) on topic Tattoos and larpers
I figured that would be an issue... can you suggest anywhere else that would have decent lighting?

*has not been to Daddy Allen yet*

"Ok we can attack... but if we miss, we'll hit the villagers."
"I'm willing to take that chance!"

Things I am no longer allowed to do in an RPG :
31. The backup trap handler is not whoever has the most HP at the time.
73. Not allowed to name my cudgel Ceremonial Whoopass Stick.
74. My thief's battle cry is not "Run And Live"

[OOG Jenna
  • Yue Na
  • McBadASS
24 Sep 2009 14:07 #35 by Yue Na (Yue)

i had the same money problem when i went to get my wings done. everywhere i went wanted to charge me like $500 plus. what i ended up doing is looking into some good artists around the area at tattoo shops that were offering an all you can sit deal. If you think you would rather sit through the pain all at once instead of going back in sessions, i would suggest looking into that. It's better financially and I paid only $200 for mine. The way it worked was you pick one big piece you would want to get done (like a sleeve, back piece, leg piece, etc.) and you have from the time the shop opens til closing to get it finished. So i saved myself a good 3 levels in build :-P

I may do that but mine may be around 400 if I don't. Still trying to think of how the design will look. I can usually tolerate pain fairly well. Worst fear is just simply not having it come out right.

Yue Na

"Do healers get extra powers since ObamaCare was passed?! I was going to tell everyone i cant heal pre-existing conditions. "
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
24 Sep 2009 14:46 #36 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Tattoos and larpers

I figured that would be an issue... can you suggest anywhere else that would have decent lighting?

*has not been to Daddy Allen yet*

The Inn is fine, as long as you don't disrupt New Player Training.  In a pinch, the Trade Hall has light, too.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
24 Sep 2009 14:48 #37 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
Replied by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen) on topic Tattoos and larpers
I would highly recommend against cutting corners on this.  Save up and use the artist you like best, regardless of price.  I know you want to save as much money as possible, but you're going to get what you pay for, and it's ALWAYS worth the extra money to get something you truly love rather than something that you've settled for.  

Sure, you can buy a painting at Walmart for $20, but that truly amazing painting in the gallery will be 100 times that.  The Walmart picture might be nice and all, but the two are not the same, and anyone who tries to convince you they are is lying to you.

I paid over $5,000 for my sleeve and wouldn't have done it any other way.

--Skimmel

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
  • Yue Na
  • McBadASS
24 Sep 2009 15:03 #38 by Yue Na (Yue)

I would highly recommend against cutting corners on this.  Save up and use the artist you like best, regardless of price.  I know you want to save as much money as possible, but you're going to get what you pay for, and it's ALWAYS worth the extra money to get something you truly love rather than something that you've settled for.  

Sure, you can buy a painting at Walmart for $20, but that truly amazing painting in the gallery will be 100 times that.  The Walmart picture might be nice and all, but the two are not the same, and anyone who tries to convince you they are is lying to you.

I paid over $5,000 for my sleeve and wouldn't have done it any other way.

--Skimmel

I agree that should be the way to go. I'd be interested in seeing your tattoo sleeve sometime.

Yue Na

• geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
24 Sep 2009 17:37 #39 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Tattoos and larpers
I agree that it would be a poor idea to cut corners.  You are putting a permanent piece of art on your body. 

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.510 seconds