Pumpkin Cheese Cake Recipe

05 Oct 2009 20:07 #1 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Pumpkin Cheese Cake Recipe was created by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
For the people who had a slice of the pumpkin cheese cake and asked for the recipe, here it is. I'm also adding a few cheesecake tips because god knows that my first two attempts of cheese cake did not work out well...

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Ingredients:

Crust:

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 Tablespoons melted butter
1 Tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar

(you might want to double it, I found that there was not enough crust)

Filling:

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt

Pumpkin Cheesecake Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Combine graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, butter and brown sugar and press onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of an 8" springform pan. Bake for 5 minutes. (Make sure the bottom of the pan is facing the right direction or else you will have a hell of a time getting the cake out of the pan. Also, I HIGHLY recommend putting a circle of parchment paper, or wax paper on the bottom for easier removal)

2. Beat cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until fluffy. Gradually add brown sugar, the pumpkin, the vanilla, and the spices. (pumpkin spice mix might be a better idea then the individual spice, feel free to play with this)

3. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after adding each one.

4. Add the salt, beating until creamy, then pour the mixture evenly into the prepared crust.

5. Wrap bottom of the spring form pan in tin foil and place in a roasting pan. Fill the pan with an inch of water and put into oven.

6. Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees, until top is browned but cheesecake is still slightly jiggly. Bake 10 more minutes at 325. After 15 minutes TURN OFF OVEN AND LEAVE IT OPEN WITH CAKE INSIDE. for at least 20 minutes.

7. Transfer cheesecake to a wire rack and cool 10 minutes. Take tinfoil off before putting on the wire rack. Run a sharp knife around the edges of the pan sides to loosen cheesecake.

8. Cool completely, cover and refrigerate overnight.

9. Enjoy.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
  • CC Hahn
  • Thank Yous: 5
06 Oct 2009 18:18 #2 by CC Hahn (Corteccia)
Replied by CC Hahn (Corteccia) on topic Pumpkin Cheese Cake Recipe
you're my hero

OOG: C. H.
06 Oct 2009 19:58 #3 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic Pumpkin Cheese Cake Recipe

you're my hero

I think you're amazing for my ego and will keep you around... I have a few other good cheesecake recipes if there are any you are interested in.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds