LARP Hub?

• Kuma
  • Thank Yous: 0
12 Nov 2009 18:11 #1 by Kuma (Kuma)
LARP Hub? was created by Kuma (Kuma)
Hay guys. I just had an interesting thought. Is there a LARP hub out there for games in or around Mass? Or like maybe New England? I was just kinda thumbing through the LARPs that i go to/thinking about going to and i realized that i have to jump around to like 7+ different websites. I was wondering if there was kinda like a hub that had info on all the LARPs in the area like.... event dates and links to there websites and things like that. If there isn't... would people like there to be one? I could start working on setting something like that up easily. I have gotten really good at working with Proboards over the years and where it's not the best medium in the world, it still works really well for that kind of thing.

So, dose anyone know of a LARP hub like that that they can link? Or do people like the idea of me setting one up. It would be a great resource to have and mite pull the LARPing community closer together. I know i have made some fantastic friends since i have started LARPing and I'll only continue to find more and more. What do you guys think of the idea?

I have been posting this topic on as many LARP sites as I can find. Some larps that I go to and others (like this one) that I don't go to (however I'm thumbing through the rule book thinking about it). I was sent to this LARPs forms by someone on the MJ:FI boards where this topic originally started and it seems to be getting a lot of good feed back as a good idea. So here I am laying it down on my Fellow LARPers here at Knight Realms to see what you all think about the idea. A LARP hub where all of us LARPers here in New England can come and chat, relax, look up game schedules, tell stories, and just be the wonderful community that I have come to love. So...what do people think?
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
12 Nov 2009 18:58 #2 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic LARP Hub?
Hey,

The KR website has links for various LARP themed sites that are useful to us.  For players... larpspace.com .  For games... Shade's .  For other things... larp magazine article .

There are a number of websites that cater to LARPers amazingly enough.  Just takes some finding.

Also, we like to ask all our members/posters add their real name (just their first, as this is the internet) so we can always have a name with a face.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Kuma
12 Nov 2009 19:08 #3 by Kuma (Kuma)
Replied by Kuma (Kuma) on topic LARP Hub?
Oh. Sorry. My names Samuel Hart. Kuma is a nick name of mine aswell as a character. ^.^"
  • Kuma
20 Nov 2009 00:36 #4 by Kuma (Kuma)
Replied by Kuma (Kuma) on topic LARP Hub?
Well guys. I have posted this topic on many different LARP sites and the majority of the community likes the idea of a LARP community hub. So! I'm going to go ahead with the idea. I just made the proboard however it's pretty much blank at the time of me writing this post here. I'll post the link below if people want to sign up wile it's being built. I know it will take me a few days to a week working on it to get it up to date and how i want it. It will just depend on whats going on in my life. I should be clear sailing for a wile. I'll post in this topic again announcing when it's done.

nelarpresource.proboards.com/index.cgi?/
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds