Remember control kiddies every blow should be a kill or set up for a kill

• Radu Dragovic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • -Death is but a Door-
  • Thank Yous: 1
08 Jan 2010 16:18 #1 by Radu Dragovic (Radu Dragovic)

Radu Dragovic-Guild Grave Digger and Carpenter of The Black Orchid Merchant Company

-Death is but a doorway, we are richer to of know you and luckier still to have called you friend-

OOG: Jeff Mclean
09 Jan 2010 13:47 #2 by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF)
Replied by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF) on topic Remember control kiddies every blow should be a kill or set up for a kill
But, Bottle No Swing Back.  ;)

On a serious note I wish more people would emphasizes their combat on real skills as opposed to tag skills, just my opinion and good find Jeff.

Jurgur'mosh GoreTusk
free orc
(OOG-Matt F)
10 Jan 2010 20:40 #3 by Keith_Stratton (Keith_Stratton)
Replied by Keith_Stratton (Keith_Stratton) on topic Remember control kiddies every blow should be a kill or set up for a kill
I agree. Whenever I fight (as a PC or an NPC) I try to fight as if my weapon had real weight. Takes me at least a second or three between swings.

Cyric McKraegar
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Half of an analysis....is anal.
  • Thank Yous: 0
10 Jan 2010 20:44 #4 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Replied by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC) on topic Remember control kiddies every blow should be a kill or set up for a kill
Simple solution, near realistically heavy weapons ;) Mine is an axe and its rather hard to make an ultra-light axe apparently. I payed Ataliers Nemesis extra to counter balance mine but apparently that didn't work too well. Like the Calimacil's, this puppy (while looking awesome) is over a pound in weight.

So, despite my being a bit beefy, its near impossible to machine gun with my rep if I even wanted too lol. I'm sure after a rather long combat I'll be wishing for the light-as-a-feather reps most wield heh.

OOG name: Mitch
Master Runesmith of Pendarvin

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
  • Malcolm
  • Semper Fidelis Fratercula Arctica
10 Jan 2010 21:02 #5 by Malcolm (Malcolm)
Anything like that for blunt weapons?

Zander G. Gehnsen IV Esq.
Captain of Our Lady of the Broken Spine

"Now you remember, you hear? You treat this ship like a lady.  Make certain you always bring her home."

OOG: JimBob
  • Erim Walker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I love Travance. There are shirtless men EVERYWHER
11 Jan 2010 09:26 #6 by Erim Walker (shiva14b)
*not a plug*

If you're looking for a heavy blunt Jimbob, the Calimacil Barkak mace is beastly heavy relatively speaking, as is the Scrow hammer.

"Ok we can attack... but if we miss, we'll hit the villagers."
"I'm willing to take that chance!"

Things I am no longer allowed to do in an RPG :
31. The backup trap handler is not whoever has the most HP at the time.
73. Not allowed to name my cudgel Ceremonial Whoopass Stick.
74. My thief's battle cry is not "Run And Live"

[OOG Jenna
  • Radu Dragovic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • -Death is but a Door-
11 Jan 2010 15:32 #7 by Radu Dragovic (Radu Dragovic)
Replied by Radu Dragovic (Radu Dragovic) on topic Remember control kiddies every blow should be a kill or set up for a kill
Yeah it is nice. And i dont work for them

Radu Dragovic-Guild Grave Digger and Carpenter of The Black Orchid Merchant Company

-Death is but a doorway, we are richer to of know you and luckier still to have called you friend-

11 Jan 2010 17:37 #8 by Keith_Stratton (Keith_Stratton)
Replied by Keith_Stratton (Keith_Stratton) on topic Remember control kiddies every blow should be a kill or set up for a kill
The Scrow hammer is a pretty solid choice. I fought with it all weekend as an NPC. Well balanced, and definitely feels like something you'd club somebody to death with.

Cyric McKraegar
  • Otagiri Ryu Ellamne
  • War Chieftain of the Bloodspirit Mercenaries
12 Jan 2010 23:35 #9 by Otagiri Ryu Ellamne (Otagiri Ryu Ellamne)
Replied by Otagiri Ryu Ellamne (Otagiri Ryu Ellamne) on topic Remember control kiddies every blow should be a kill or set up for a kill
@ Jeff -- Good find, friend. Machine gunning is not only against the rules of the game; but is fairly dangerous as well. Some of these latex weapons (especially when not swung properly) will whip and cause some seriouse injury. It's always good to fight with control. With technique and control comes speed. Their is no need to over-exert any strength into an attack for a "more effective hit". But at the same time, don't swing your weapon as if you wanted to knick them because you know that your weapon does 5 damage weather you land a solid blow or a glancing blow. So, yet again, I could not agree more.

@ Matt -- while it /would/ be nice to base fighting off of individual talent over tag skills it will limit just "who" wields a weapon. Now if this was in effect when KR first started it would be one thing, but to impliment such a rule now would be silly. I know you didn't mean that, I am just stating an opinion.  (It would be nice though ... their would be hell to pay ;o))

@ Keith -- My above statement to Jeff fits your statement perfectly. I feel the fighting also looks and feels more realistic when their is more control. I'm not saying you have to feel like your busting-balls everytime you lift up your mace :oP But following through, etc etc, and ESPECIALLY roleplaying DAMAGE!!! That's a huge one. It adds to the game.

@ Everyone else -- Calimacil blades are definitely nice, and are superior (in my opionion) in their blade construction than most other brings. They also tear apart other blades with extensive use LMAO. I agree on their weight over Eagle flex or Forgotten, but that once again can all be fixed with proper roleplaying.

OOG: Eric Daniel Malavé
  • Radu Dragovic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • -Death is but a Door-
12 Jan 2010 23:47 #10 by Radu Dragovic (Radu Dragovic)
Replied by Radu Dragovic (Radu Dragovic) on topic Remember control kiddies every blow should be a kill or set up for a kill
Well said,

I you my tag skills to make up my mistakes, not my lack of skill get better, practice and you will get better.

Ask any time to spar and I will.

13 Jan 2010 00:01 #11 by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF)
Replied by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF) on topic Remember control kiddies every blow should be a kill or set up for a kill
Jeff ill be there in May and I would love to Spar with ya bro.

Jurgur'mosh GoreTusk
free orc
(OOG-Matt F)
  • Otagiri Ryu Ellamne
13 Jan 2010 00:30 #12 by Otagiri Ryu Ellamne (Otagiri Ryu Ellamne)
Replied by Otagiri Ryu Ellamne (Otagiri Ryu Ellamne) on topic Remember control kiddies every blow should be a kill or set up for a kill
I personally am always up for a spar, anyone who has even caught a glimpse of me partaking in honor combat will attest to this. i wasn't necessarily reffering to you, Jeff, when i made the Tag skill reference but hey , I'm always up to swing.

Another thing I feel should be emphasized is Roleplaying damage! I understand that some players have 7849032890 armor and an equal amount of body therefore they are not afraid to "take" a hit.

Notice baby Gandalf, notice huge mother beefin' balrog. Notice how when Gandalf hits him with his sword the balrog screams in pain...you're not a balrog. You might be a darkheart *winks* but you're no supernatural being...maybe Lethias...but still LOL. Taking hits with blades /suck/ ... i promise. Hell paper-cuts suck...steel? with a more vast amount of pressure? really? roleplay your damage...it's okay...you'll still look tough at the end of the day when you end the attack with a slay. Roleplay damage AFTER the battle as well! Wounds don't just vanish after you took a hit then dealt a hit.

13 Jan 2010 00:51 #13 by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF)
you just love that damned balrog example lol

Jurgur'mosh GoreTusk
free orc
(OOG-Matt F)
  • Otagiri Ryu Ellamne
13 Jan 2010 00:53 #14 by Otagiri Ryu Ellamne (Otagiri Ryu Ellamne)
It's true and viable in a fantasy LARP. *shrugs*

13 Jan 2010 00:54 #15 by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF)
Touche, Much Love

Jurgur'mosh GoreTusk
free orc
(OOG-Matt F)
  • Tiriel
  • Banned
  • Banned
13 Jan 2010 00:57 #16 by Tiriel (Tiriel)
If you spar with Jeff, cover your balls.

For serious.

T

Brother Tiriel Tellinghast
Valrkirin Urulokion, in service to Lord Blackthorne
Turin MacLeod (NPC)

Terry
  • Otagiri Ryu Ellamne
13 Jan 2010 01:00 #17 by Otagiri Ryu Ellamne (Otagiri Ryu Ellamne)
LMAO -- Jeff is prone to ball-tapping? Nice, haha.

13 Jan 2010 01:02 #18 by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF)
Geof Ball taps, just kick him in his bad knee LMAO

Jurgur'mosh GoreTusk
free orc
(OOG-Matt F)
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
13 Jan 2010 01:33 #19 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)

He must be coaching/teaching Jason.  I'll have to ask him to stop, as this past Saturday, Jason decided to aim for my gut when my entire back, side, and chest was exposed while I was NPCing.  Needless to say, Jason went a little too low for my gut and missed.  :P

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Otagiri Ryu Ellamne
13 Jan 2010 05:33 #20 by Otagiri Ryu Ellamne (Otagiri Ryu Ellamne)

He must be coaching/teaching Jason.  I'll have to ask him to stop, as this past Saturday, Jason decided to aim for my gut when my entire back, side, and chest was exposed while I was NPCing.  Needless to say, Jason went a little too low for my gut and missed.  :P

Back, side, and chest = torso? LOL Interesting pop shots to the groin...hmm...can't really see hitting anyone there unless you're aiming. To rotate your swing in that angle upwards is a true deliberate swing. And if you're trying to hit gut and you hit..."lower"...yowza...choke up on the weapon a LITTTTLE to get more leverage and wrist control over your swings hahaha. (naturally i know you are thevictim in this story..

• Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
13 Jan 2010 06:25 #21 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)

Back, side, and chest = torso? LOL Interesting pop shots to the groin...hmm...can't really see hitting anyone there unless you're aiming. To rotate your swing in that angle upwards is a true deliberate swing.

It wasn't a swing.  He was using a thrusting weapon.  We were also fighting in the cold, on snow/ice.  Jason normally has very good control of his blows in combat.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Radu Dragovic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • -Death is but a Door-
13 Jan 2010 18:35 #22 by Radu Dragovic (Radu Dragovic)
Hit my bad knee on purpose?

I will kill you.

;D

• THENPC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Assassins Do It From Behind
  • Thank Yous: 126
13 Jan 2010 19:31 #23 by THENPC (THENPC)
If you can limp fast enough to catch him  ;D

Adversus Nox Noctis,
Sir Lethias Discretion Nathaniel Peregrin Christopher Wrathchild VonRitter
Knight of Travance
Putting the Shiv in Chivalry Since 1202

Mortem facit omnes aequales, vitam facit omnes fratres
Vince The NPC;
RM, RPM, ST
13 Jan 2010 20:24 #24 by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF)
Jeff will pop one of them pills and he would be good to go, its like a scooby snack for pain lmao.

Jurgur'mosh GoreTusk
free orc
(OOG-Matt F)
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Half of an analysis....is anal.
13 Jan 2010 22:51 #25 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Replied by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC) on topic Remember control kiddies every blow should be a kill or set up for a kill
<mental note...bad knee...>

Um.....which knee? <ducks>

OOG name: Mitch
Master Runesmith of Pendarvin

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.688 seconds