Hello P.A. Registered to Vote?

• Chris
  • Thank Yous: 0
14 Mar 2008 18:01 #31 by Chris (Chris)
Replied by Chris (Chris) on topic Hello P.A. Registered to Vote?
I understand we are not suppossed to discuss politics or religion, but I feel this post will be not cause any strife since the suibject is by no other account  - laughable

Raised in the north east I have been called many things, Earthy Crunchy, Granola, New England Elitest, a Masshole, and a Red Sox fan  - The last one just does not seem to have the same sting as it used to, but I will digress.

You see I never seemed to understand the bible belt, and left winged baptists. Its not a question of liking vs disliking, but rather sect of people that just tend not to inhabit New England states like the south. My girlfriend however comes from a baptist family, and I wish to share an email she received from a very pro pro PRO baptist. Now before I share this email I post this in no way to offend born again Christians, Baptists and any other releigion. I do not believe this to be the view of the people, rather the voice of a sheltered naive person, however in saying that if I posted the chain this email followed you would be shocked at how many people forwarded this. Then again Jerry Springer has to get his ratings from somewhere...

According to The Book of Revelations the anti-christ is:
The anti-christ will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations with persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like ! appeal. ...the prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, will destroy everything.  Is it OBAMA??
I STRONGLY URGE each one of you to repost this as many times as you can!  Each opportunity that you have to send it to a friend or media outlet...do it!

I refuse to take a chance on this unknown candidate who came out of nowhere.

I told you that it was laughable, but then I ask is it really?

Shaking his head, LOL, mumbling the Antichrist......

OOG: Chris Arnold
  • Kendrick
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 4
15 Mar 2008 12:52 - 15 Mar 2008 13:03 #32 by Kendrick (Kendrick)
Replied by Kendrick (Kendrick) on topic Hello P.A. Registered to Vote?

McCain has the support of right wing idealogues (witness Rick Santorum's latest op-ed piece in the Phila Inquirer), but will not ignite the Christian Taliban extreme wing.  While they will not vote for either democratic candidate, they might stay home, not realizing that the 2/3 a loaf represented b y McCain is better than going hungry.

It's percisley BS comments like this that show why political debate has no place here. That comment is so ridiculous and offensive to me that I can't believe it is still up. What right do you have to compare people who are of Chrsitian faith to a group of criminal drug-trafficking thugs that murder, behead, brutalize and destroy everyone and everything they come in contact with? When was the last video posted of Christians beheading someone? When was the last time Christians publicly executed women for adultery in a soccer stadium with an AK bullet to the back of the head? How many Christians are out there forbidding women to get an education, get a job, of hell, even walk down the street next to a man they aren't related to? I can't seem to remember finding an article discussing the wide-spread practice of honor killings by catholics. How many countries have adopted a law system based 100% on the bible?

It percisley this morally-relevent broad brush painting of groups of people that's the problem. People will say, 'Oh, well Christians did this or that (several hundred years ago).' But is it now, do they really do it now? No. And don't throw fringe groups like the Westboro church out there, because no one wants anything to do with those idiots.

Its the same with Matt's analysis that the Republican party is morally, ethically and idealistically bankrupt. I could say something about the Democrats that I feel is true too...which is I see the Democrat party as a group of identity politicians that will play the race and/or gender card at every opportunity, who would prefer we grab our ankles and ask the rest of the world to promise to tell us we're special when their done and maybe leave some money on  the dresser.

Brother Kendrick Maeldun
Paladin of the White Fox

oog Chris K
Last edit: 15 Mar 2008 13:03 by .
  • McDermitt
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Youve not even begun to taste my might!
  • Thank Yous: 30
15 Mar 2008 13:12 #33 by McDermitt (Matt Quagz)
Replied by McDermitt (Matt Quagz) on topic Hello P.A. Registered to Vote?
cry me a river old man.

Sir Slack McDermitt the Boar
Knight of Travance
Steward of Valdalis
Master of the Mages' Guild

oog-Matt Q
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
15 Mar 2008 19:21 #34 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Hello P.A. Registered to Vote?
I am locking this thread.

In general, it is James' wish that politics and religion do not get discussed on the KR forums.  I let this slide for a bit as I thought the initial banter was at least worthwhile to the general public.  I can see now that it led to this.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.508 seconds